Rose R. Thomas Writing Center
The Rose R. Thomas Writing Center provides an easy-going, low-stress, teaching environment, so you can feel at ease.
The Writing Center staff will happily help you with complex writing assignments, or tasks that require specific writing and grammar skills. The Writing staff is dedicated to improving your writing effectiveness and presentation.
Writing Center's Rules and Policies
Writing Center's Rules
- Turn off cell phones and electronic devices.
- No children allowed.
- Tutors can not assist with take-home exams or quizzes unless specified by the instructor.
- The Writing Center is NOT responsible for items left behind.
- No food or drinks are allowed at computer stations.
- Outbursts and violent behavior will be reported to Campus Police.
- Log in and out at the front desk.
Writing Center's Policies
- Do not print pictures or large graphics.
- Do not save documents on the computer’s hard drive.
- Do not change the computers’ settings (screen savers, icons, menu bars, etc.).
- Ask for assistance before printing directly from online resources or websites.
- Visitation of inappropriate sites will disqualify a student from computer access.
Failure to comply with the Writing Center Rules and Policies may disqualify a student's computer privileges.
- Fairfield University – DiMenna-Nyselius Library MLA Writing Guide
- Writing Center Orientation
- Purdue Online Writing Lab
- "Writer's Roost"
- Free Online Texts
- Connect with us on Facebook
- Connect with us on Twitter
- Apply for scholarships
- Tiger PAWS
San Juan San Miguel
MLK Sutton Learning Center (SLC) 201