Integrated Reading and Writing Lab Center for (INRW)
Having trouble with a reading and writing lesson?
The INRW Staff at SPC is here to provide continuous support during remote learning. Students with academic concerns such as essay formatting, reading comprehension, Canvas concerns, or Microsoft Word assistance are welcome to contact us for availability options.
Visit us in the Modules section of our Canvas page.
OPTION ONE: Students can make an appointment by contacting Alicia Dominguez at 210-486-2868 or by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to contact us Monday through Friday between 8 am and 5 pm for any academic concerns you have. Most remote tutoring sessions should not exceed one hour.
OPTION TWO: The INRW services for tutoring are available through ZOOM.
Zoom tutoring hours are available for all students to drop in and out with academic concerns. Visit us in the Modules section of our Canvas page.
Here are some INRW Lab benefits
- Tutoring is available for St. Philip's students in INRW 0420, 0055, 0085, 0100, 0201 as well as SDEV and EDUC.
- Tutoring is also available for the first time in college reading or writing-intensive courses such as HIST, GOVT, or PSYC.
- Enhancesstudent's learning and studying strategies.
During Open Lab students can come in and work on their lessons, receive tutoring, and participate in other instructional activities.
Be sure to check with the INRW Lab for open lab hours.
The lab provides links to practice exercises utilized in the reading-writing skills.
- Level 1: Rate Builder Reading for Understanding
- Level 2: Rate Builder Reading for Understanding
- Level 3: Rate Builder Reading for Understanding
Hours of operation:
Fall and Spring semesters
Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
INRW Lab Staff
INRW Lab Staff
Academic School year for 2020-2021 - Fall and Spring Peer Mentor Tutors
Interactive, warm, and eager SPC students are encouraged to apply for Peer Mentor Tutor- Reading and Writing and make a difference.
The Student Engagement Grant (SEG) criteria include:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Received an "A" or "B" in courses with intensive reading and writing assignment
Students maintaining 12 hours or more, of course, credit hours may qualify for a $1,000 Student Engagement Scholarship or part-time students maintaining at least 6 credit course hours may qualify for a $500 Student Engagement Scholarship per semester.
- Be able to work a minimum of 6 hours per week
- Participate in Peer Mentor Tutor training
- Enhance teacher assistant skills
- Build interpersonal & communication skills
- Practice strategies for small group and classroom setting
- Participate in E-Portfolio
The applications are accepted year-round.
For more information contact or submitting an application to:
For more information contact: