Texas A&M-Chevron Engineering Academy at Alamo Colleges District - Northeast Lakeview College
Engineering Brighter Futures
Get a head start on your Texas A&M engineering degree by applying for the Texas A&M-Chevron Engineering Academy at the Alamo Colleges District – Northeast Lakeview College. Offered in partnership with Texas A&M University’s College of Engineering, this unique program offers students an opportunity to pursue an engineering degree while co-enrolled at Texas A&M and the Alamo Colleges District. Students are able to save money during their first two years – when they will take engineering courses taught by Texas A&M faculty at Northeast Lakeview College before transitioning to the Texas A&M campus in College Station. The Texas Workforce Commission projects a 25 percent growth in engineering jobs statewide in the next decade.
Enrollment in the Academy
The Engineering Academy at Alamo Colleges District - Northeast Lakeview College is for Alamo Colleges District students who have achieved a high school diploma or equivalent and are pre-calculus or calculus ready as determined by NLC.
Interested students must:
- Be able to be a full-time student at the Alamo Colleges for at least one year before transitioning to A&M.
- Satisfy one of the math readiness criteria to be qualified for the Engineering Academy:
COLLEGE CREDIT:Your current college transcripts show credit for Trigonometry, Precalculus, or Calculus I with a grade of A, B or C.
HIGH SCHOOL CREDIT:If you are a current high school student and have completed an Honors Precalculus, Pre-Ap Precalculus or AP Calculus course with a grade of A, B or C.
STANDARD EXAMINATION:Have an ACT math score of at least 28 or an SAT math score of at least 640.
Upon Department recommendation, the students will take an online course designed to assess placement in Precalculus, Calculus I, or Calculus II. The course ends with a Placement Assessment given in person.
- Fill out and submit Pre-qualification Form
- Secure admission to one of the colleges within the Alamo Colleges District and Complete Next Steps.
- Apply to Texas A&M University – A special A&M Academy application link will be emailed directly to qualified applicants after prospective students are successfully math-level pre-qualified in Step 2 above.
Note: New NLC students must take the SAT or ACT prior to applying to Texas A&M University.
Why the Academy?
The Texas A&M-Chevron Engineering Academy offers students:
- Admission to the College of Engineering at Texas A&M University-College Station from day one.
- An opportunity to take Texas A&M engineering courses from Texas A&M faculty on the NLC campus.
- An opportunity to join a community of Engineering Academy peers by taking math, science and engineering courses with other Engineering Academy students.
- An opportunity to participate in student activities and organizations at both institutions to the extent possible.
- An affordable pathway to earning a Texas A&M engineering degree.
- Guaranteed full admission to Texas A&M upon successful completion of the two-year program.
- An opportunity to apply for early entry into a degree-granting major within the College of Engineering at Texas A&M, if qualified.
Financial Aid Information
To receive financial aid students must:
- Meet the financial aid eligibility requirements.
- Apply for financial aid at NLC via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use the NLC school code (042636) when submitting your FAFSA. For more details about this process, visit Financial Aid Steps.
- Submit all documents requested by NLC Financial Aid and review the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress (SAP).
- *For direct Financial Aid questions email email@example.com or phone 210-21-ALAMO (210-212-5266).
AlamoPROMISE does not cover the cost of courses taken from Texas A&M University-College Station.
Students utilizing veteran benefits are encouraged to visit with the Veterans Center (STCM 111) as veteran payments or hours taken with Texas A&M University may not qualify for certification for veteran services.
View Academic Calendar by clicking here
- October 15: Alamo Colleges Summer & Fall 2022 Apply Texas application opens
- Dec. 1: A&M application opens
- April 1: A&M priority deadline
- May: Engineering Academy priority Registration/Orientation begins
- June 1: A&M final application deadline
- June: Deadline to complete and submit pending enrollment requirements (NLC & A&M)
- August: Fall classes begin (all courses will meet face-to-face)
*Students are co-enrolled and are required to complete enrollment requirements for both Texas A&M University and Alamo Colleges.
*Seats in the cohort are reserved at Northeast Lakeview College to include math, science, and engineering courses.
Texas A&M Chevron Engineering Academy at Alamo Colleges District
Northeast Lakeview College
Palo Alto College
St. Philip's College
Northwest Vista College
San Antonio College