We are pleased to offer workshops to teach your students technology in support of your classroom assignments. Computer support staff understands that your students sometimes have difficulty with technology integrated assignments. Faculty members can take advantage of monthly, free Student Computer Workshops offered by the Office of Technology Services – Student Mega Lab staff.
- Events are free but require registration.
- Each workshop is 50 minutes in length and can be repeated as many times as you wish.
We offer several workshops from which you can choose. Please see below for a roster of available classes:
ACES online Portal provides access to many of our college systems and services. Within ACES, you will have access to register for classes, review financial aid information, library courses, and access online courses. Attend this quick orientation session to learn more about the many ACES services and to get familiar with the college's email service.
Canvas is Alamo College's learning management system. If you are interested in learning about the key features of Canvas (updating your profile, completing assignments and assessments, uploading files, understanding communications tools), this introductory overview is just what you need to get started.
Attend this workshop if you are new to MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Teams) or wish to explore features to quickly and easily format documents.
Attend this workshop if you are new to the MAC-based iWork applications; Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
Never used an iPad before? This is the class for you! This workshop will cover the absolute basics you might need to know about an iPad and then some tips and tricks to help you stay productive. If you have your own iPad, feel free to bring it. If not, we will have some for you to use.
How to arrange a course-related technology workshop for your students:
If you would like to schedule a workshop for your class students, please check the classroom integrated technology availability calendar for available workshop times and then submit a Workshop Request Form. One of our Student Mega Lab service agents will contact you via phone or email to confirm the schedule and to answer any questions you may have.
Basic requirements for course-integrated technology workshops:
- Faculty must accompany their class and stay through the workshop session.
- Faculty should contact the Student Mega lab and consult with the Student Mega Lab staff to make sure the material, workshop content is appropriate for the students.
- Poll your students before you schedule an advanced workshop. If the majority of your students in your class are NOT already familiar with the basics of using technology, please first assign the students to sign up for one of the computer basics workshops that is offered both online and face-to-face.
Have a question?
Contact the Student Mega Lab:
Phone: (210) 486-0160