Frequently Asked Questions
A: In order to be eligible to participate, you must meet at least one of the following criteria and be a current or prior service veteran:
- First Eligibility Category: Veterans DD 214 Form to verify current military status (no exceptions)
- Second Egligibility Category: First-generation college student as an individual defined by the Department of Education. (DOE)
- Third Eligibility Category: You have a documented disability AND you are registered with the University's Student Disability Services Office.
- Fourth Eligibility Category: Income eligible
A: No. Once accepted into TRiO Student Support Services, you are eligible to participate until graduation.
A: Program services are offered at NO COST to the student. TRIO is federally funded by the Department of Education to provide activities in support of member retention and graduation.
A: Students who have applied and submitted all necessary documents, will be emailed a notification of their status. Incomplete applications will not be considered for acceptance.
A: Tutor schedules vary from semester to semester. Please call the TRiO VSSS Lab at 2110-468-1418 to find out when the tutor in your subject of interest is available.
A: Upcoming events will be posted in a variety of places, including:
- TRiO web site
- TRiO Facebook site
- TRiO Newsletter
Monday - Friday
By Mail:Student Support ServicesSan Antonio College1819 N. Main, P.O. Box 702San Antonio, TX 78212
* Project VALOR is a federally funded TRIO Student Support Services-Veterans program