Information Assurance and Cybersecurity
One or more of these programs are approved Ready to Work programs. Find out if you’re eligible to receive free tuition and job placement services that will enable you to secure an in-demand career.
What is the program?
A cybersecurity certificate or degree is intended to equip you with the knowledge and skills to defend computer operating systems, networks, and data from cyber-attacks. Although these programs incorporate theoretical concepts, they are technical in nature. Having this technical knowledge is key. Whether you are designing system architectures with certain security characteristics or detecting risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, you are on the front line of defense.
What will I learn?
Students in this field will learn to emphasize computer engineering, computer science, problem-solving, and communication skills.
What can I do with this course of study?
Entry-level positions include a variety of analyst, specialist, and technician job titles.
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity, A.A.S.♦
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity, Level I Certificate
- Computer Forensics, Level I Certificate♦
- Information Technology and Security Academy (ITSA), Level I Certificate
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Preparation, Occupational Skills Award♦
- Cyber First Responders, Occupational Skills Award
- Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC 1), Occupational Skills Award♦
♦ This symbol indicates the offering is also available fully online.