Course Exam Center
The Course Exam Center (CEC) offers proctoring for:
- Make-up testing for students who miss an exam date.
- Distance learning testing for online courses at NLC and other colleges in the Alamo Colleges District that need a physical testing site.
- Accommodation testing for students who have proper documentation.
Please note that tests from other colleges, placement tests, THEA, Accuplacer, and CLEP tests are administered at the Assessment Center located in the Student Commons.
Check out our LibGuide for more information about our hours operation and Faculty guidelines.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 7:00pm
Friday: 9:00am to 2:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Before students can take an exam at the CEC, their instructor first has to contact the center to make arrangements for test proctoring. The CEC only administers exams that are accompanied by a Testing Form (PDF) with guidelines from the instructor.
- Students must present a valid picture ID. No picture ID. No test. No exceptions.
- Students are responsible for knowing the CEC hours of operation. Students should verify hours posted at the center and online before taking a test, as they may occasionally be subject to change.
- Students may test on a walk-in basis. Students will be notified of the maximum time limit (the most amount of time allowed to spend on the test) and the minimum time limit (the least amount of time allowed to spend on the test). The CEC will strictly adhere to these guidelines.
- Students must plan responsibly to arrive with adequate time to complete their test. Students should keep in mind that there may be a waiting period during peak testing times.
- Students may use only materials allowed by the instructor. Students must leave all items not necessary for the test with the technician, including food, drinks, cell phones and electronic devices.
- Students are responsible for bringing allowed testing materials. The CEC is not responsible for providing materials such as pen, pencils, scratch paper, calculators, etc.
- Students must be quiet in the exam area. Talking or other disruptions will result in tests being picked up and returned to the instructor, regardless of completion status.
- Students must stay in the testing area until the test is complete, unless otherwise allowed by instructor. Leaving the exam center will result in the test being picked up and returned to the instructor. If you have a special issue, please see the technician.
- Students must adhere to the Academic Integrity Policy. Scholastic dishonesty issues, including but not limited to academic misconduct, cheating, and collusion, will result in the test being picked up and returned to the instructor. The instructor will be notified of the situation and may file an Academic Integrity Report. See the Student Code of Conduct for details.
- All tests must be turned in by closing time, regardless of completion status, and will be returned to the instructor. Testing hours will not be extended under any circumstance.
- These guidelines are intended to help staff in the Course Exam Center provide quality service to students and faculty while protecting the integrity of the test proctoring process. If you have any questions, please call 486-5378 or visit NLIB 212.