Take the TSI from Home
You can now take the TSI Assessment from home through Examity!
Examity is an online service provided by an outside source contracted with College Board’s Accuplacer/TSI Testing program. They offer their services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by appointment.
This service is available to students who are unable to take the TSI Assessment at Northwest Vista College during regular testing hours. The Examity option may be for you if:
- You live a far distance from our location
- You work during the times the TSI Assessment is offered
- You are unable to leave your home for medical reasons
Examity charges a $25 Proctoring fee – paid when you schedule an appointment. This cost is in addition to Northwest Vista College’s TSI Assessment fee (paid separately).
If you would like to pursue the Examity option, use the following steps as your guide:
It is important to confirm that Examity is the right fit for your testing needs.
- Contact Examity via phone at 877-238-0245 or via chat by clicking here (If communicating via chat, you will need to click the button on the top right-hand corner of the web page)
- Be aware that Examity charges a $25 Proctoring fee. This cost is in addition to Northwest Vista College’s TSI Assessment fee (paid separately).
- Confirm that you meet their technical requirements.
- Verify a virtual proctor is available when you want to take the TSI Assessment.
- You can make your appointment at this time or wait until you get your TSI Assessment Voucher Number.
- Next you MUST move onto Step 3 (seen below) in order to submit your Request to NVC for a Testing Voucher. You will not be able to take the TSI through Examity without completing this step.
If you have decided to move forward with Examity Proctoring Service, you MUST complete a request with Northwest Vista College. This will need to be done at least 3 business days prior to the appointment date you’ve set with Examity. The request form can be found by clicking here.
- Complete this form in order to notify us of your decision to utilize Examity
- Once your request is received, the Testing Office will send you an email with instructions for payment.
- Make the payment and provide the Testing Office with confirmation of payment.
- When your payment has been confirmed, a TSI Assessment Voucher number will be created and sent to you. The voucher will be required upon your scheduled test date with Examity Proctoring service.
*Note: If you have not already made an appointment with Examity, this would be next.
You will need to have the following items with you:
- Valid Picture ID
- Testing Voucher number
*Note: Examity may have additional requirements. Be sure to communicate with them to determine what these requirements may be.
The Testing Office will contact you within 48 hours after the completion of your TSI Assessment regarding your next steps towards registration.
Location: Cypress Campus Center, 2nd Floor, Room CCC-207
Unapproved items are not allowed in testing rooms (this includes purses, book bags, laptops, cell phones, books, etc.). It is advised that you leave these items in a safe place while testing. Coin return lockers (quarter) are available on a first come first serve basis, and are not guaranteed. Testing staff is not responsible for holding items and you will not be allowed to test with any unapproved items in testing room.
Photo ID is required for all exams.
All exams must be completed in one sitting and by end of scheduled test times. If you require special accommodations, please visit the Access Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Assessment and Testing Office at 210-486-4346 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.