Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP)
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP) is designed to offer individuals who currently hold a bachelor's degree an alternative route to obtaining teacher certification. ACEPP is approved by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) and meets “Every Student Succeeds Act” (ESSA) requirements. The program consists of 156 hours of content course work, 81 hours of Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility course work, 50 hours of classroom observation and either a one-year internship or a 14-week Clinical Teaching experience.
Please join us for one of our upcoming Information Sessions at
San Antonio College (SAC), 1819 N. Main Ave. San Antonio, TX 78212:
- March 17, 2020 10AM-11:30AM San Antonio College, Room: Victory Center 203
Central Texas Technology Center (CTTC), 2189 FM 758 New Braunfels, TX 78130:
- April 7, 2020 10AM-11:30AM CTTC, Room 159
- April 28, 2020 5PM-6:30PM CTTC, Room 159
- Core Subjects EC-6
- Core Subjects 4-8
- Bilingual Education and/or ESL Supplemental
- Special Education EC-12 or Supplemental
- Mathematics 4-8, 7-12
- Science 4-8, 7-12
- PPR Trade & Industrial Education 6-12
- Health Science 6-12
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with Bilingual Education (EC-6)
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with ESL (4-8)
- Dual Certification in Bilingual Education (EC-6) with ESL (4-8)
The following admissions and administrative procedures must be completed to be considered as a candidate for the program:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 3.00
- An interview with the Educator Preparation Program Manager.
- An official score from TOEFL English Proficiency exam, if your native language is not English. Score of 24 on Speaking, 22 on Listening, 22 on Reading, and 21 on Writing.
- A completed application for admission into the Educator Preparation Program
- Official Transcripts From All Colleges and Universities Attended
- Content certification exam results
Remember to apply early for tuition assistance such as continuing education loans and career loans at the financial institution of your choice. Some may be eligible for Troops to Teachers or GI Bill Benefits.
After the application process is completed, the candidate will be notified by e-mail on the decision for admission into the program.
ALL paperwork and payments must be received by:
- March 16, 2020 for the PPR class that will begin on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- March 27, 2020 for the (Mathematics) Content class that will begin on Monday, March 30, 2020
- April 17, 2020 for the (Social Studies) Content class that will begin on Monday, April 20, 2020
- May 1, 2020 for the (Science) Content class that will begin on Monday, May 4, 2020
- May 15, 2020 for the (Fine Arts) Content class that will begin on Monday, May 18, 2020
- July 10, 2020 for the (Bilingual/ESL/Sp. Ed.) Content class that will begin on Monday, July 13, 2020
- September 4, 2020 for the (ELAR) Content class that will begin on Monday, September 7, 2020
The deadline for accepting candidates is March 1, 2020, to assure adequate time for admission, coursework, training, and field-based experience requirements prior to clinical teaching or internship experience for the 2020-2021 school year.
The application is under the Educator Preparation Program Packet blue tab.
We review Statements of Qualifications (SOQ's) for $225
ACEPP is a non-credit/non-reimbursable program and does not qualify for FAFSA or issue 1089-T forms.
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program is on the Workforce Solutions Alamo Targeted & Demand Occupations list, please contact them for assistance: www.workforcesolutionsalamo.org
List of Targeted & Demand Occupations
The cost of the program is approximately $4,993. In regards to tuition, the program is divided into six required strands:
- Content course requirement (156 hours)
- PPR (Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities) (81 contact hours)
- A one-year internship as a teacher of record in an accredited school -or- 14 weeks without pay clinical teaching in an accredited school.
- 50 hrs. of field-based experience, log and reflection.
- 32 hrs. of professional development.
Tuition for Program:
|Supplemental - Bilingual, ESL, and Special Ed||$525.00|
|50 hr. Log||$100.00|
|Internship / Clinical Teaching||$1,337.00|
|TExES Exams (2 or 3)||$116 each|
|BTLPT (Bilingual only)||$116|
|Standard Teacher Certificate||$78|
Clinical Teaching/Mentor fee for internship
|Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program
2222 N. Alamo