In response to social distancing measures, all classes are currently being held remotely and access to campus buildings, including the labs, is restricted.
The CARES labs will continue to serve students by providing remote one-click zoom tutoring with NVC tutors
Monday-Thursday from 8am-8pm and Fridays 9am-2pm
Now offering extended weekend hours for the Spring 2021 semester on most Fridays 2:00-8:00PM and Saturdays 9:00-5:00PM
Please do not hesitate to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
College Level English
Hours of Operation
Mon - Thurs: 8AM-8PM
Here you will find a place for all students in college level English courses who need help with writing assignments. Students may work individually or in groups with the aid of a tutor.
• Discussing and approaching assignments
• Brainstorming essay topics
• Essay organization and paragraph development
• Grammar, syntax, and punctuation
• Research and citation
• MLA documentation and format
• Review of instructor comments on papers previously submitted
• Techniques for becoming a stronger writer
• Questions about the writing process
Academic Program Coordinator
College Level English Lab
The Advocacy Center