The National Council (NC) for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is a national initiative to provide more access to online courses while maintaining compliance standards with state regulatory agencies. SARA allows institutions to provide online courses outside of their own state borders by seeking and maintaining state approvals via a streamlined process. To learn more about SARA, please visit:

NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.

Current authorized SARA member states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and U.S. Virgin Islands.

NC-SARA Complaint Information can be found at:

Professional License/Licensure

Out-of-state students enrolled in a program leading to professional licensure

Northwest Vista College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). However, NC-SARA does not deal with professional licensing board approval for any courses or programs leading to professional licensure. If you are not a resident of Texas and you are taking an online course or hybrid program leading to professional licensure, please contact the program director of the degree program to discuss licensure options prior to beginning your course of study. Follow the link below and click on the name of your program to find the contact information for your program or discipline coordinator :

NVC Find Your Program

State Authorization Student Complaint Procedure

Northwest Vista College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. Students residing outside of Texas while attending Northwest Vista College who desire to resolve a grievance should first follow the college's complaint procedure found here:

Student Grievances

NC-SARA Complaint Process

Students may also file a complaint through NC-SARA.