What is Dual Credit?
Northwest Vista College’s Dual Credit Program allows eligible high school students to
earn college credit for certain high school courses in which they are currently
enrolled while completing their high school requirements. In order for students
to participate in the program, the high schools must be approved to offer dual
credit courses. Dual Credit is different from AP credit.
Benefits of Dual Credit:
- Dual Credit increases the likelihood that a student will complete high
school and enroll continue their college education.
- Decreases the cost of tuition and fees for students in completing their
- New graduates enter the workforce at an accelerated rate and begin to earn
wages, benefiting themselves and making positive contributions to our economy
- Students can earn up to 24 hours of college credit before graduating from
- Increases student’s self-confidence!
- Access to campus resources
- Tuition is waived for ISDs or discounted for non-ISD students.
Dual Credit Admission Requirements
All Students (Public and Private/Charter only)
All Public and Private/Charter Schooled Students:
- Contact your high school counselor/liaison regarding dual credit at your campus
- Complete the ApplyTexas application - Before first week of February deadline
- Complete the AlamoENROLL modules
- Submit Parent/Student consent form
- Coordinate with the high school counselor/liaison on testing requirements- Submit Test scores before first week of April Deadlines
- Turn in all necessary documentation to your high school counselor/liaison before college deadlines which are usually 8 months in advance before school starts.
- Each high school has a timeline in which you are to complete the admission process and submit your paperwork to the high school. Please seek your timeline from your High School Dual Credit Liaison. Eligibility into the program is determined by completing the application requirements and submitting qualifying test scores before the deadlines.
- Returning students: There is a possibility you may need to re-apply and/or take the TSI Assessment for continuing terms if you did not register for and/or dropped courses during the previous semester. Please seek guidance from your High School Dual Credit Liaison.
All Home School Students need to contact Tori Martinez before applying for the program.