CWS Student Information
The Alamo Colleges District Community Work-Study (CWS) Program provides federal financial aid eligible students the opportunity to work part-time at non-profit, governmental, or educational organizations that serve the public interest. These positions help develop student career and academic interests and increase commitment to participating in positive social change.
CWS offers numerous benefits, you:
- have the opportunity to gain relevant career experience
- may acquire additional clarity on your career choice
- will see the community’s needs and contribute to the welfare of others
- can make contacts with professionals who can help you later when seeking a job or an internship
CWS staff will review your request and resume. Your resume will then be sent to the agencies you have selected (at alamo.edu/careerprep [ACES login required]).
After reviewing your resume, the agencies will contact you to schedule an interview. It is at the agency’s discretion to make an offer for employment.
- Workplace etiquette, professionalism, and appropriate dress is expected
- Agencies, generally understaffed, depend on your reliability and consistency with your regular work schedule
- You will be required to attend one Orientation (4 hours, paid) and End-of-Semester Debrief (2 hours, paid) at the end of each semester
CWS students may begin working on the first day of class through the last day of class each semester.
You will work a maximum of 15 hours per week at the same rate as campus work-study students, and you will determine your weekly schedule with your supervisor.
You will be paid on the 1st and 15th of each month.
The following is a brief list of the over 250 positions available through the CWS program. On occasion, students with special interests or skill sets may have a position created for them by an agency.
Farmers Market Assistant
Go to www.alamo.edu/careerprep [ACES Login Required] for a complete listing of jobs.
Below is a list of some of the agencies that are eager to hire Alamo Colleges District work-study students.
American Indians of Texas
Communities in Schools
Go to alamo.edu/careerprep [ACES Login Required] for a complete listing of agencies.