What is a Refresher Course?
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is used to determine if students are college ready to enroll in college-level courses in English and Mathematics. Students who do not place at college level in Math and/or English & Reading will proceed to take a 4-day Refresher Course, for which there is no cost to the students.
The purpose of the Refresher Course(s) is to offer students another opportunity to test into a higher level English or Mathematics class than their placement from the score on the TSIA exam.
About the Course
The Refresher Course(s) need to be taken only once.
- The Math Refresher course is 16 hours
- The Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW) Refresher course is 8 hours
- These courses are offered before the start of each semester and run at various times
For more information, please call The Readiness Center at (210) 486-4751
- To be enrolled in The Refresher Course(s), students must visit The Readiness Center located in the Cypress Campus Center building, room 200
- The process takes about 45 minutes
- After completing the Refresher(s), students must participate in the college’s New Student Orientation and register for classes