In response to COVID-19, Northwest Vista College is providing remote services to students. Please do not come to campus. NVC employees are answering questions and providing all services remotely.
SPRING 21 REFRESHER REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE
Online Walk-ins are Available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9:00am-4:30pm, Thursday 9:00am-6:30pm, Friday 1pm-4:30pm & Saturday 9:00am-12:30pmJoin Zoom Chat
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For more information on COVID-19, click here
What is a Refresher Course?
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is used to determine if students are college ready to enroll in college-level courses in English and Mathematics. Students who do not place at college level in Math and/or English & Reading will proceed to take a 4-day Refresher Course, for which there is no cost to the students.
The purpose of the Refresher Course(s) is to offer students another opportunity to test into a higher level English or Mathematics class than their placement from the score on the TSIA exam.
About the Course
The Refresher Course(s) need to be taken only once.
- The Math Refresher course is 16 hours
- The Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW) Refresher course is 8 hours (No INRW available at the moment. Students will be placed in an English course based on their TSI Scores.)
- These courses are offered before the start of each semester and run at various times
For more information, please email The Readiness Center at email@example.com
- To be enrolled in The Refresher Course(s), students must click on the "Join Chat" button above
- The process takes about 45 minutes
- After completing the Refresher(s), students must participate in the college’s New Student Orientation and register for classes