New International Student Seeking an F1 Visa
How to Apply
Step 1: International Student Application
- Download and print application. Your application must be completed, signed and returned along with all required/requested information.
- Mail all original documents to: Northwest Vista College, International Student Services, Dessert Willow Welcome Center Rm 202, 3535 N. Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX 78251
Step 2: Apply to Northwest Vista College
- Apply to Northwest Vista College online at www.applytexas.org
- Click here for instructions on how to apply online.
Step 3: Financial Documentation
- Complete the financial information in the International Student Application.
- Provide a letter from your bank stating you have the equivalent of $25,000.00 U.S. dollars.
If you are bringing your spouse or children, you will be required to prove an additional $5,000.00 per dependent.
- The letter must be dated within 60 days and must be in English.
- Make sure to complete on the International Student Application, the Financial Resource Requirements.
- Make sure to complete on the International Student Application, Dependent Form.
- A copy of dependent’s Passport will also be required.
Step 4: Official Academic Records (high school and/or college)
- All students will need to submit a transcript of the last school attended.
- If the high school or college is not a U.S. school, then transcript must be translated and evaluated.
- Translation and Evaluation companies may be found at http://www.naces.org/members.html
- Northwest Vista College will only accept translated and evaluated copies from the above mentioned web site.
- All transcripts received must be in their original envelope and sealed, no open documents will be accepted.
Step 5: English Proficiency – TOEFL or IELTS Score
- TOEFL exam score.
- 500 Paper-Based Test
- 173 Computer-Based Test
- 61 Internet-Based Testing
- IELTS exam score.
- 5.5 on the exam.
- Make sure to request the test company send an official copy of the exam results. An official copy is a copy sealed in an envelope.
Step 6: Photo
- Send a Passport size photo with your International Student Application
Step 7: Statement of Understanding
- Sign and date the Statement of Understanding on your International Student Application
Step 8: Processing Fee
- $100.00 U.S. Dollars (Non-Refundable)
- Two Options for submitting $100 Processing fee:
All documents must be received before the posted deadline. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Application deadline for a New Student Seeking an F-1 Visa is:
- Fall Semester is May 15
- Spring Semester is October 15
Application deadlines for a transfer student, with college credits, and a current F1 visa:
- Fall semester is July 1
- Spring semester is December 1
Students with an active F-1 visa and non-college credits (ex. ESL) deadline:
- Fall semester is May 15
- Spring semester is October 15
NVC does not admit international students for the summer semester.
Academic Advising Services/International Student Services are located in Dessert Willow Welcome Center (DWWC) Rm 202. Please visit the Advising Services Check-in Window for assistance.
Advising Services are offered all year. Please plan your advising session to avoid the peak periods and extended wait times.
Students are seen by Advisors on an appointment basis.
Drop-In International Student Services are available:
Tuesdays 1:00pm-4:30pm CST
Due to COVID-19, International Student Services will be providing Drop-In Services via zoom.
To visit with an International Student Services advisor remotely, please select one of the options below:
+1 346 248 7799 and enter Meeting ID: 388 369 803
NOTE: Sign-in will close when Advising Services have met maximum capacity (sessions are full for the day).
|Monday||8am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 5pm|
|Thursday||8am - 5pm|
|Friday||1pm - 5pm|
International Student Services will not be available on Friday, October 29th. Please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.