Gym and Track
- The gym is available only to the NVC community, students, staff, and faculty. Everyone must show NVC ID card for proof.
- Kinesiology Classes have Priority use. For open gym hours, please check the Rec sports desk, located in the fitness area.
- The courts are available for a variety of activities (basketball, volleyball and pickleball, etc.).
- Personal belongings are not allowed to be placed on the floor.
- All participants must wear athletic non-marking rubber-soled shoes on the hardwood floors. Street shoes, boots, sandals and flip-flops are not permitted. Bare feet are not permitted. (Non-marking shoes usually have white soles).
- Patrons must minimally wear a shirt that does not have an arm hole that is larger than one fist below the arm pit and covers the midriff.
- Shorts/pants must be worn at the waist.
- Sodas and Gatorade are not allowed in the gymnasium area. Water, Water, Water, Water only.
- Appropriate behavior is expected at all times. Foul language is not permitted.
- Dunking is permitted, however, users are asked to not hang on basketball rims.
- During periods of high usage, the Recreation staff may ask players to play half-court basketball to allow more patrons to participate.
- Failure to adhere to Rec sports policies may result in a loss of gym use privileges.
Mon. - Fri. 11am - 4pm
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, half of the court will be used for open Volleyball
- The Fitness Center and Gym will be closed when main campus is closed and classes are not in session.
- Hours may be adjusted based on academic requirements, game preparations and daily and hourly usage assessment.
Huisache Hall (HH Building) Northwest Vista College 3535 North Ellison Drive San Antonio, Texas 78251
Monday-Wednesday: 8am - 6pm
Thursday: 8am - 7pm
Friday: 11am - 5pm