Gym and Track
- The gym is available only to the NVC community, students, staff, and faculty. Everyone must show NVC ID card for proof.
- Kinesiology Classes have Priority use. For open gym hours, please check the Rec sports desk, located in the fitness area.
- The courts are available for a variety of activities (basketball, volleyball and badminton, etc.).
- Personal belongings are not allowed to be placed on the floor.
- All participants must wear athletic non-marking rubber-soled shoes on the hardwood floors. Street shoes, boots, sandals and flip-flops are not permitted. Bare feet are not permitted. (Non-marking shoes usually have white soles).
- Patrons must minimally wear a shirt that does not have an arm hole that is larger than one fist below the arm pit and covers the midriff.
- Shorts/pants must be worn at the waist.
- Sodas and Gatorade are not allowed in the gymnasium area. Water, Water, Water, Water only.
- Appropriate behavior is expected at all times. Foul language is not permitted.
- Dunking is permitted, however, users are asked to not hang on basketball rims.
- During periods of high usage, the Recreation staff may ask players to play half-court basketball to allow more patrons to participate.
- Failure to adhere to Rec sports policies may result in a loss of gym use privileges.
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, half of the court will be used for open Volleyball
- The Fitness Center and Gym will be closed when main campus is closed and classes are not in session.
- Hours may be adjusted based on academic requirements, game preparations and daily and hourly usage assessment.