Advising How-to Guides
Get help with college processes by viewing these helpful instructional videos below.
To schedule a Zoom APPOINTMENT with your ASSIGNED Certified Advisor all you need to do is:
- Log in to your ACES Account & click on the “Start Here” tab
- Select the “Alamo NAVIGATE” icon
- Click “Login”
- Select the “Appointments” tab
- Select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select the Reason for your appointment and hit Next
- Select the Location and hit Next
- Select the Day and Time that works for you and hit Next
- Enter “Zoom Appointment” in the Notes box
- Review the selection and confirm your appointment
- New SAC students are assigned an advisor, and can then begin scheduling appointments, AFTER attending a general advising session
- Appointments are available for students who have an ASSIGNED ADVISOR. Visit "My Page" on ACES to view "My Advisor".
To register for classes, please view the video below.
- Log into ACES
- You will need to use your ACES ID and password
- If you do not have your ACES ID and password, follow the instructions on the ACES login page
- Select Student Tab
- Select the Register Here Icon
- Select Proceed To Registration Link
- Select Register for Classes
- Select a Term and Submit.
- e.g. Spring 2023: Undergrad degree/credential.
- DO NOT SELECT ANY TERM THAT HAS CE OR COM
- Review your GPS, ISP, and TAGs to gather Course Name and Number
- Enter the Subject, Course Number and College (San Antonio College)
- Select the Course that fits your availability. Keep in mind:
- Start and end dates
- Part of Term
- If the course is in person, online or requires a Zoom time
- To finally register:
- Expand the MEETING TIME Column to pay attention to the START DATE and END DATE
- Confirm the course is in the right Part of Term. Remember we have from 3-week to 16-week sessions.
- Scroll to the right and select ADD.
- Repeat steps 7-10 to additional classes.
- When you have added all desired classes to your summary, select SUBMIT
NEED TO DROP A CLASS?
To withdraw from a course, please view the video below.
To drop classes from your schedule:
- Click the drop-down menu beside the course you wish to drop
- Select WEB DROPPED PRIOR TO TERM
- At the bottom right of the page, select SUBMIT CHANGES
- Review your schedule to confirm that the course has been removed.
UNDERSTANDING COURSE MODALITIES
- Face-to-Face: This course meets on-campus (on-site) for instruction.
- Hybrid: This course has online or remote instruction with an on-campus (on-site) component.
- Online: Asynchronous instruction delivered online via Canvas and additional online tools. There may be a face-to-face component such as orientation, laboratory, exam review, or an in-person test.
- Remote Learning: Synchronous instruction, the same as a standard course only on Zoom at the originally scheduled class times. It offers the benefits of face-to-face instruction while maximizing social distancing efforts. Remote instruction will take place via ZOOM, Canvas, and additional remote-access tools.
VIEWING YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE
To see what classes you will be taking, log into ACES and select:
- STUDENT in menu on left side of page
- REGISTER HERE
- PROCEED TO REGISTRATION
- VIEW REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Choose the semester (e.g. Spring 2023: Undergrad degree/credential) from the drop-down menu
- Once your schedule appears, you have the option to print, save to PDF by selecting the Print Option, or take a screen shot if you are using your cell phone
Pay attention to the START DATE and END DATE of each class
Degree Planning Tools
Don't know the differences with GPS, ISP, and TAG?
Review your current GPS degree plan by visiting your ACES account. You can see where you have recently registered for classes, what requirements have been completed, and what you will need to complete to earn your degree.
Students should update their ISP each semester to be certain they stay on track with their chosen degree plans. During your first semester of classes, you meet with your assigned advisor to start this process. You will get more information about this during your EDUC 1300 class.
Watch a short ISP tutorial here.
Find the Transfer Advising Guides (TAG) for select four-year institutions. These will assist you in selecting courses that meet your SAC degree requirements and those for your potential bachelor program.
For additional assistance, students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your Banner ID number in your email)
Director of Advising
Office Main Phone
E-mail by Advising Institute (Click on the institute to view list of majors)*
- BPSI: email@example.com
- CCAI: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FTIC: email@example.com
- HBSI: firstname.lastname@example.org
- STEM: email@example.com
Fall Office Hours
(Sep. 5 - Dec. 16)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday (1st Saturday each Month)
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
(Check On-campus & Virtual Drop-in Advising schedules, in First-come First-serve Assistance, for details)