So you've tried to register for classes, received a notification that you have a PIN hold, and have no idea what that means! Review the information below to better understand what a PIN is and what steps you need to take in order to have your PIN hold released.
An Advising PIN is a unique six-digit number that unlocks registration for students once they successfully complete 15, 30, or 45 hours of classes
You will receive an Advising PIN three times in your SAC academic career; when you successfully complete 15, 30, and 45 college credit hours. For your PIN to be released, you are expected to discuss with your assigned advisor your Student Academic Advising Plan, which can be found in
your Advising syllabus:
Once your Mission Statement and your Individual Success Plan have both been updated in the system, you can do one of the following:
- Schedule a meeting with your assigned Certified Advisor by visiting Navigate, which is found in ACES
- Contact the Advising Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Advising PIN is issued to students who have reached the 15, 30, or 45 hour milestone for Fall or Spring registration. A PIN is currently not issued for Summer registration.
No. The PIN is milestone-e and semester-specific. Your Advising PIN at the 15, 30 and 45 hour milestones will all be different numbers.
No, not all students are issued an Advising PIN. The Advising PIN is issued based on a student completing 15, 30, and 45 college-credit hours ahead of registration for Fall or Spring.
All Students, who need a registration PIN to schedule classes, are required to complete/update the following tasks before requesting their PIN.
There are additional PIN tasks (based on your earned credit hours):
15-hour PIN (0-15)
- Understand Degree, Certificate, and Transfer options
- Know how to Register for Classes (Visit Advising Services for a written step-by-step registration guide)
30-hour PIN (16-30)
- Understand your Academic Standing and how it affects academic progress and transfer
- Explore career goals through the Student Enrichment Center (SEC)
- Pursue Scholarship and Internship opportunities
45-hour PIN (31-45)
- Review your Academic Standing and its impact on academic progress and transfer
- Use College Career Resources to prepare for future career and job placement
- Know your Transfer Institution DEADLINES and admission process
For additional assistance, students can contact email@example.com (please include your Banner ID number in your email)