Prepare for the conversation you will have during your advising session:
- Have your valid photo ID, like a driver license or SAC student ID, and your Banner number to present to the advising front desk.
- Notify your advisor if you are a veteran, have needs related to accessibility or accommodations, are struggling to pay for school, or are the first in your family to go to college.
- Look at the Student Academic Advising Plan to track expected achievements based on your earned hours.
- Follow your Step-by-step Plan to see what you should complete each week of the semester.
- Use your GPS degree plan woksheet to see what classes you have not taken yet.
- Create a new degree plan, with the courses you would like to take, for your advisor to discuss with you.
- Explore other student services, on the advising resources page, that that you would like to use. Ask your advisor for help if you need more information.
- Have information ready if your advisor gives you additional tasks to complete.
Remember, appointments are available for students who have an Assigned Advisor. Visit "My Page" on ACES to view "My Advisor". Additionally, you may contact your Advising Institute, either by phone or email, for additional assistance:
- Business and Public Service (BPSI)
- (210) 486-0328
- Creative Communications and Art (CCAI)
- (210) 486-0333
- First Time in College (FTIC)
- (210) 486-0334
- Health and Bioscience (HBSI)
- (210) 486-1406
- Science and Technology (STEM)
- (210) 486-0768