Applying the QM Rubric
This special workshop introduces you to the Quality Matters rubric and how you can apply it to your online courses. This is the QM foundation workshop for anyone who might be interested in participating on a peer review team in the future. As a participant, you will also be able to apply the strategies to your own online course design. Those who successfully complete the workshop will receive a Quality Matters certificate of completion. This course is the first of the two courses leading to QM Peer Review Certification.
- Understand the Quality Matters (QM) process and underlying principles;
- Describe the eight standards of the QM Rubric;
- Understand the peer review process, both formal (QM) and informal (SLN);
- Apply the QM Rubric, Sixth Edition, 2018 to review online courses;
- Write useful recommendations for course improvement;
- Make decisions on whether or not a set of given scenarios meet the QM Rubric standards;
- Collaborate with peer faculty in evaluating course design elements in an online course;
- Pursue additional professional development opportunities through San Antonio College and Quality Matters.