Tips to Improve Security of your Computer and Data
- Never share your user password with others.
- Our College or other entities will never request your username, password or other personal information by email. Please do not respond to emails requesting personal information.
- Secure your computer equipment including laptops, media tablets, smart phones in a safe environment.
- Use secure network connection wherever possible when accessing data. Secure connection prevents unwanted viewing of your electronic communication.
Important: If an incident poses any immediate danger, please call 911 to contact law enforcement authorities immediately. The types of incidents you report include:
- Unauthorized exposure of private personal information (which may lead to identity theft or misrepresentation)
- Computer break-ins and other unauthorized use of San Antonio College systems or data
- Unauthorized changes to computers or software
- Equipment theft or loss
- Interference with the intended use of information technology resources