Employee Giving Campaign

About the Campaign:

Northwest Vista College employees support the annual Employee Giving Campaign. In 2018, Northwest Vista College Employees gave $44,950. Employee donors contributed toward scholarships and programs for NVC (and other colleges of the Alamo Colleges District), the United Way and theFund for the Arts.

Your Donation Matters

Northwest Vista College strives to increase private donations from individuals and foundations to provide needed programs and scholarships for students and support community organizations and the arts. The goal of the 2019 NVC Cares. . . I Care Employee Giving Campaign is to reach 81 percent of full-time employee participation. This year, the campaign starts on August 19 and ends on October 4, 2019.

Together we can make a difference.

Brian-Henriksen

Brian Henriksen  

NVC Alumnus

St. Mary's University, 2016 Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry

Attention Adjunct Faculty:

Please contact Lynne T. Dean, Director of Institutional Advancement, at 210-486-4135 or via email at ldean12@alamo.edu so you can be added to the United Way online giving portal before donating.  

Frequently Asked Questions:

I have a cash/check donation – what should I do with it? Is there a specific form?

At NVC, the college contact person for the Employee Giving Campaign is Lynne T. Dean. You can reach her at ldean12@alamo.edu or by phone at 210-486-4135. You may bring donations to her office in Manzanillo Hall, Room 104G. She will be happy to assist you. There is also a specific pledge form you can use for the campaign (see the blue "Donate Now" button on this page).

When will my cash/check/credit card gift be processed?

Gifts made via cash, check, or credit card are one-time gifts and are processed immediately. There may be a processing lag of several days for checks, but they will be processed as quickly as possible.

When will my payroll deduction pledge be processed? Are payroll deductions pre-tax or after-tax?

Gifts made via payroll deduction are processed starting with the employee’s first paycheck in January 2020. You may select anywhere between 1-24 pay periods for payroll deduction. Be advised that the deductions are made in order of overall pay periods, so if you select 12 pay periods, it will be the first 12 pay periods (January-June), not one deduction per month.

Deductions are after-tax, as federal law does not allow for charitable donations through payroll deduction to be done pre-tax.

May I hold a raffle?

To comply with IRS and state gaming regulations, Alamo Colleges Foundation does not accept funds raised through games of chance (i.e., raffles).

May I solicit non-employees for a gift through the Employee Giving Campaign?

The Employee Giving Campaign is typically only for employees, but some exceptions can be made based upon the donor’s affiliation with the college district.  Also, anyone can make a gift to a scholarship fund or program fund through the Alamo Colleges Foundation.  For information and guidance, please contact Lynne T. Dean, NVC Director of Institutional Advancement, at ldean12@alamo.edu or 210-486-4135.