If you need to register for a Refresher Course, Northwest Vista College is providing Zoom and On-Campus Refresher Course Registration services during the times below.
Summer 2022 Hours are as followed: (Beginning July 25th):
Monday and Thursday 8am-1pm Via-Zoom (Click Readiness Center link below)
Monday and Thursday 2pm-5:30pm, Friday 1pm-4:30pm In-Person please visit Readiness Center in:
Desert Willow Advising Center (DWWC), RM. 202, 2nd Floor
Tuesday and Wednesday 8am - 6:30pm Via-Zoom (Click Readiness Center link below)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For more information on COVID-19, click here
What is a Refresher Course?
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) is used to determine if students are college ready to enroll in college-level courses in English and Mathematics. Students who do not place at college level in Math and/or English & Reading will proceed to take a 4-day Refresher Course, for which there is no cost to the students.
The purpose of the Math Refresher Course(s) is to offer students another opportunity to test into a higher level English or Mathematics class than their placement from the score on the TSIA exam.
About the Course
The Math Refresher Course(s) need to be taken only once.
- The Math Refresher course is 16 hours
- The Integrated Reading and Writing (INRW) Refresher course is 8 hours (No INRW available at the moment. Students will be placed in an English course based on their TSI Scores or an English Assessment.)
- These courses are offered before the start of each semester and run at various times
For more information, please email The Readiness Center at email@example.com
- To be enrolled in The Refresher Course(s), students must visit the Readiness Center in the Dessert Willow Advising Center, Room 202
- The process takes about 45 minutes
- After completing the Refresher(s), students must participate in the college’s New Student Orientation and register for classes