Support After Orientation

Below are several resources and frequently asked questions to help guide you as you start your first year of college here at Northwest Vista. If you still have any questions, please contact the Vista Central: Admissions Office.

Helpful Resources

If you misplaced your resource booklet from Wildcat Orientation, you can download it again using the link below.


Register For Classes

Register for your classes or make change to your schedule through your ACES account.

ACES Registration Guide

Find Your Classrooms

Make a plan ahead of time by finding your classroom locations and parking options.

Campus Maps

Paying For College

Learn about scholarships, financial aid, payment plans, and important deadlines.

Financial Resources

Compare Courses 

Check lower-division course compatibility across 137 institutions in Texas.

TCCNS Website

Locate Your Textbooks

Look up a list of the textbooks you need based on the classes you've registered for.

NVC Bookstore

Majors and Degree Plans

Browse certificate programs, pre-majors, and Associate degrees offered at NVC.

Find Your Program

Find Your Certified Advisor

Check your "My Page" tab in ACES to find out who your Certified Advisor is and schedule an appointment.

Log Into ACES

Course Descriptions

Search through a list of classes offered, view the course descriptions, and look up prerequisite requirements.

View Course Descriptions

Class Schedules

Search for class offerings, semester options, times, dates, locations, and the number of seats remaining.

Search For Classes


Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I get dropped for non-payment?

Students who do not either pay their balance or make payment arrangements prior to the payment due date will be dropped from the courses they have registered for and will need to re-register for classes. There is no guarantee that students will be able to register for the same classes they registered for initially, as those sections may have been filled already.

The Student Development (SDEV) hold will reactive, so students will need to contact the Student Development office at 210-486-4289 or visit Vista Central to register for a new Student Development or EDUC course.


ACES Registration Guide

Payment Deadlines

How do I get a prerequisite override if I have already attended New Student Orientation?

What is a prerequisite override?
Some courses may require prerequisite courses that must be verified by a Certified Advisor prior to registering.

Example: Students must complete ENGL 1301 prior to registering for ENGL 1302.

How do I get a prerequisite override after I've already attended New Student Orientation?

If your classes have not already started:
If the semester you are registering for has not already started, and you need a prerequisite override to add new classes or change your schedule, you will receive your prerequisite overrides from a Certified Advisor in Vista Central.

To receive your overrides, please visit Vista Central in person, or email a Certified Advisor. For security purposes, and due to peak registration times, overrides cannot be given out over the phone. If you are not sure which Certified Advisor to contact, you may call Vista Central to receive their email address.

If your classes have already started:
If you have already started classes and are trying to register for classes for a future semester, you will receive all prerequisite overrides from your assigned Certified Advisor. You can find your Certified Advisor's contact information in your ACES account under your "My Page" tab.

Check prerequisite requirements

Do I need a parking permit at NVC?

No, students do not require a parking permit or decal at NVC. This includes parking in the Prickly Pear Parking Garage. The cost for parking is already built into the tuition and fees.

Please note that if you are taking classes at another Alamo Colleges District Campus (SAC, PAC, NLC, or SPC), other campuses may require a parking permit. Contact the college you are taking classes at for more information.

What are Residency requirements and how do I update mine?

What does "Residency" mean?
Under state law, an individual's residency classification is based on information from his/her ApplyTexas application. Students will be classified as:

  • Residents of Texas
  • Non-residents
  • International students

How does Residency affect my tuition? 
The amount of tuition you are charged is based on your residency classification, which is determined according to the information you submit on the application.

How do I change my Residency status?
To learn more about the qualifications for each residency status, or to learn more about Residency requirements, visit the Records & Residency webpage here or contact the Records department.

Phone: 210-212-5266

How do I get a student ID and why is it important?

How do I get a Student ID card?
In order to receive your Student ID, you will need to:

  1. Register for classes
  2. Pay your tuition & fees in full, sign up for a payment plan, or complete all required steps for your financial aid and/or Veterans benefits
  3. Visit the Student Life office and take a driver's license or other photo ID

Is there a cost for a Student ID?
Your first Student ID is free. Replacement ID cards are $10.

What else can my Student ID be used for?
Your student ID is also your U-Pass, giving you access to unlimited bus rides through VIA for the semester.

Parking and Transportation: VIA U-Pass