Career Services has an array of professional services to assist with your career planning and career development needs throughout your enrollment at St. Philip’s College. Whether this is your first semester or graduation is just around the corner, Career Services has the resources and network to help you explore and develop your career goals. Through self-assessment and career exploration, you will be able to ensure that the Alamo Institute you selected upon enrollment is a great fit for your career and educational needs. Through workshops, career fairs and employer panel events, you will gain insight into what employers are looking for in top candidates. Participation in Career Services events will allow you to establish a professional network with employers and improve your overall employability.
- Strategic Job Search
- Resume & Cover Letter Review
- STAR Interview Prep
- Mock Interviews
- Dress for Success
FOCUS 2-Career and Education Planning System
FOCUS 2 is a web-based, interactive, self-paced career and education planning system designed to help you make decisions about your future career goals and education plans.
- Identify Alamo Institutes that match your interests and support your career goals
- Explore future options for transitioning into specialized occupations
- Compare occupations
- Learn important industry data and facts
- FOCUS 2 Access code: tiger
A user-friendly web-based tool, which provides most current Bexar County data on employment demand, wages, job postings, and the associated education and training that can lead to your intended career:
Purple Briefcase is an online platform that can help prepare you for your next internship or employment opportunity. Post your resume online, have a Career Services professional review it and allow employers to seek you out.
Register as a NEW STUDENT
Purple Briefcase offers:
- Employment/Internship Opportunities
- Visual Profile to showcase to employers
- Career Forums
- Career Development Videos
- Professional Network
- Resume Review
Is your company seeking great talent?
St. Philip’s College serves over 13,000 students on two comprehensive campuses with over 70 academic and high-demand technical programs.
Career Services at St. Philip’s College has recently begun using Purple Briefcase as our online platform for posting job and internship opportunities for our students and alumni.
- Register as NEW EMPLOYER
- Select the free option to the left.
- Create your account and navigate over to the My Schools page.
- Scroll down to the Request A School Connection.
- St. Philip’s College school code is: ACSTP221
- As soon as you enter that code, you’ll be able to post jobs to our SPC community.
If your company is interested in posting jobs, creating employer collaborations, on-campus recruitment or would like to participate in our career fairs follow the link below.
You can create your FREE account today!
The following types of employment opportunities will not be approved for Purple Briefcase or Employer Services events:
- Jobs based on “commission only” pay.
- Jobs that require the purchase of products contingent upon employment.
- Multi-level Marketing employment.
- Employment through a staffing agency that does not disclose client.
- Jobs that require a fee for recruitment and/or employment.
Glassdoor is one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites. It provides workplace transparency by providing company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary calculators, interview questions and benefit reviews. Research various companies and see if they are a great fit for you.
Need help creating a resume? Try our new Optimal Resume software to create a professional resume.
Click on “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” or login if you are a returning student user.
|Advising Team Leader/Career Services:
Gilbert Palomo, MBA, MSW
MLK Welcome Center (WEC), 102