ACCD Board of Trustees Election Information
General Election Information
|Internet Posting Requirements by Political Subdivision (PDF)||Trustee Appointment/
Elected Dates (PDF)
2020 Board of Trustees Elections - May 2, 2020
Commencing on January 15, 2020, the College District will accept applications for a place on the Uniform General Election ballot for trustees for single-member districts four (4), eight (8), and nine (9). The terms for districts four (4), eight (8), and nine (9) are for six years and will expire in 2026.
The Special Election to fill the unexpired term for District 2 Trustee was ordered by the Alamo Community College District Board of Trustees on January 21, 2020. Applications for a place on the Special Election ballot for Trustee for District 2 are being accepted effective January 22, 2020. The term of office for the District 2 Trustee elected will expire in 2022.
Applications for a place on the ballot for the Trustee General and Special Elections to be conducted on Uniform General Election on May 2, 2020, must be filed with the Secretary of the Board at the Office of the Chancellor/Board Liaison, 2222 N. Alamo, San Antonio, Texas 78215. Sandra T. Mora, College District Board Liaison/Elections Administrator, will accept the applications on behalf of the Secretary to the Board. An Application for Place on the Ballot must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date of February 14, 2020. The Texas Education Code requires that each candidate for trustee be a qualified voter and resident of the District to which election is sought at the time of application.
Below are candidate forms for your submission. You may also obtain a hard copy at Alamo Colleges District, 2222 N. Alamo, San Antonio, Texas 78215; Office of the Chancellor/Board Liaison-Elections Administrator.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, you may contact our office at 210-485-0030, the Office of the Secretary of State at 1-800-252-8683 or the Texas Ethics Commission 1-800-325-8506.
|Notice of Candidate Filing Dates for General Election 2020||Notice of Candidate Filing Dates Special Election 2020|
- Minute Order cancelling election as to District 8
- Order Cancelling Election for District 8
- Order Calling General and Special Election
- Order Approving SAC and NVC as Early Voting Sites – Request to Add PAC
- Order Approving PAC as Election Day Voting Site
- Order Approving Voting Equipment
Forms & Guides
- Important Candidate Information (including a Calendar of Events and Eligibility)
- Copy of Notice of Deadlines to File Applications for Place on Ballot
- Application for a Place on the ACCD Board of Trustees’ General Election Ballot (Required)
- Application for a Place on the ACCD Board of Trustees’ General Election Ballot Form Notes
- Application for a Place on the ACCD Board of Trustees’ Special Election Ballot (Required)
- Application for a Place on the ACCD Board of Trustees’ Special Election Ballot Form Notes
- An Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate-Form CTA (Required)
- Guide to a Local Filing Authority’s Duties Under the Campaign Finance Law – Texas Ethics Commission
- A Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report–Form C/OH- Texas Ethics Commission
- A Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report-Form C/OH Instruction Guide, Texas Ethics Commission
- A Declaration of Write-In Candidacy Form and Instruction Guide
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices - Form CFCP-Texas Ethics Commission
- Political Advertising Memo- Texas Ethics Commission
- Finance Report Filing Schedule-Texas Ethics Commission
- Texas Transportation Dept. Rules for Posting Signs
|District 1||District 2||District 3|
|District 4||District 5||District 6|
|District 7||District 8||District 9|
Alamo Colleges Information
|Alamo Colleges District Homepage||Strategic Plan Site|