Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)
Receive up to $4,000 for your Education!
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. Please view the FACT SHEET for more information.
The Alamo Colleges have four colleges participating in MyCAA (All listed as Alamo Community College District at MyCAA):
- Northwest Vista College
- St. Philip's College
- Palo Alto College
- San Antonio College
The above colleges have signed the Department of Defense Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding.
Compare Our Costs
How far will $4,000 take you?
Students in courses with special program tuition should contact our representatives for assistance with special course tuition rates.
Our colleges are listed under the Alamo Community College District when searching MyCAA for institutions.
See if you qualify at MyCAA for funding
*You may have to click "Continue to this website (not recommended) to enter the MyCAA site.
Get More for Less
Our affordability extends the value of Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) funding.
If you would like assistance using or understanding any of the tools above, please contact your college Advisor or our installation site representative.
The Choice is Yours
The Alamo Colleges have a vast selection of degree and certificate options.
Requesting Your Education & Training Plan
Paying for Courses & Payment Deadlines
Department of Defense Funded Students (TA/MyCAA) have been approved for the following rates:
Questions regarding special tuition charges may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students must be paid in full, enrolled in a payment plan or have an approved payment extension* by the payment deadline to avoid being dropped from all courses.
- Payment DEADLINES
- Three main semesters per year; Fall, Spring, Summer
- Some semesters include additional parts of term which begin later, such as Start II, Flex II, etc.
- During a payment deadline, payment is due for all courses in the entire semester, regardless of when they begin
Payment by TA or MyCAA
- Students with approved TA or MyCAA funding must submit documentsfor processing
- Approved TA/MyCAA forms may be submitted by email to email@example.com or in person to the college Bursar/Business Office
- All information on TA/MyCAA documents must be correct
- Forms with incorrect information will not be accepted
- PAYMENT EXTENSIONS for students with pending TA or MyCAA funding*
- Occasionally payment deadlines occur before you are eligible to request TA/MyCAA or before your funds are approved
- Payment extensions may be granted until the last payment deadline before semester start
- Payment Extension Request*
Payment extensions are not processed on holidays or weekends
Students may opt for a traditional installment plan option to secure their courses through their student account
- Students are responsible for paying all charges not covered by TA or MyCAA by the payment deadline
- Payments by credit, debit or check are made through your student account
- Cash payments are made in person at the college Bursar/Business Office
- Students are responsible for ensuring financial aid (if awarded) is applie
- Payment DEADLINES
Students using TA/MyCAA funding should always check with their military/MyCAA education counselor before making any schedule changes. Students are responsible for understanding implications of schedule changes, to include adds, drops and withdrawals and their effect on student accounts. Students are responsible for all charges incurred, including those not covered by TA/MyCAA and/or resulting from the return of unearned TA/MyCAA funds.
Questions regarding schedule changes and TA/MyCAA billing should be discussed with the individual's service or MyCAA before changes are made.
Alamo Colleges Installation Offices
Fort Sam Houston
Building 2268, Room 207
Email Fort Sam Houston Representatives
Lackland Air Force Base
Building 5725, Room 144
Email Lackland AFB Representatives
Randolph Air Force Base
Building 210, Room 10
Email Randolph AFB Representatives
Email questions to our Military Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeast Lakeview College
Student Commons Welcome Center
Northwest Vista College
CCC Room 110
Palo Alto College
PC Room 111
St. Philip's College
WEC Room 205
San Antonio College
MLC Room 171