Steps for Enrolling

Before engaging in any voluntary education activities, please consult your education service office regarding service-specific requirements, instructions, and/or regulations.

Satisfying admissions at one of the Alamo Colleges gives you access to register at all the Alamo Colleges.

STEP 1: Apply

Submit a free online application at ApplyTexas 

STEP 2: Submit Official Transcripts

High School or GED transcripts are required for those without prior college (includes those with only Dual Credit coursework).
College transcripts are required if you have prior college coursework (includes Community College of the Air Force).

Send official transcripts and test scores to the following:

Northeast Lakeview College
1201 Kitty Hawk Rd.
Universal City, TX 78148 
Palo Alto College
1400 W. Villaret
San Antonio, TX 78224 
San Antonio College
1819 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78212 
Northwest Vista College
3535 N. Ellison Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78251
St. Philip’s College
1801 Martin Luther King Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78203
STEP 3: Satisfy State Testing and Placement Requirements

Most Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve members and Veterans are Exempt from the state testing requirements.  See your advisor or Alamo Colleges installation representative for more information.  Below are some examples which may satisfy Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements:

Submit prior (TSI) Assessment results to the college
Take the TSI Assessment at the college

  • See Assessment if you have any of the following:
    • Prior coursework from regionally accredited institutions
    • SAT or ACT scores within 3 years of enrollment at the Alamo Colleges
    • CLEP test results
    • Other placement exams from previous institutions

*You must have an application on file with the Alamo Colleges to be eligible to take the placement exam through our testing centers.

STEP 4: Residency Status (effects tuition rates)

Most military and dependent family members are eligible for the in state/in district tuition rates. A Military Verification Form may be required to change or establish residency for the in state rates. The Form is available online through the Student Forms site.

Use of student email addresses are required when completing the form. You may complete and submit the document and additional attachments using the link below.

Complete and Submit Residency Form

STEP 5: Advising

First time students at the Alamo Colleges will automatically be placed on a registration hold and must first meet with an Advisor before registering.  All students are assigned a Certified Advisor based upon the path selected in the application process.  Please contact the Alamo College you will attend for more information.

Transfer students 
may have administrative holds requiring assistance from an Advisor or installation representative.  Please contact the Alamo College you will attend for more information.

STEP 6: Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirements

Texas state law requires many students to prove bacterial meningitis vaccination.  Visit our Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination page for more information.

STEP 7: Forms of Financial Assistance

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you qualify for financial assistance.  Pell Grants may be used in conjunction with military Tuition Assistance, Veterans benefits and MyCAA funding.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA)
Active Duty military, National Guard and Reserve members using TA should meet with an Alamo Colleges installation representative to understand the TA process at the Alamo Colleges and get assistance with degree planning and understanding our Department of Defense Contract tuition rates.  Visit our TA page for more information.

Veterans Benefits (VA)
Students wishing to use Veterans benefits should seek guidance through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or the Veterans Affairs Office at the college where the degree or certificate program is sought.  Alamo Colleges Veterans Affairs staff will assist students by providing certification of courses and transmitting such information to the Department of Veterans Affairs.  For more information, contact your college VA office for assistance.  

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
Spouses using MyCAA should meet with our MyCAA representative to understand the MyCAA application process and get assistance with degree planning and understanding our Department of Defense Contract tuition rates.  Visit our MyCAA page for more information.

Alamo Colleges Foundation Scholarship
All students are encouraged to submit a Foundation Scholarship Application..

Installation Offices

Alamo Colleges Installation Offices

Fort Sam Houston
Building 2248, Room 207
(210) 486-2004

Lackland Air Force Base
Building 5725, Room 144
(210) 486-7224

Randolph Air Force Base
Building 210, Room 10
(210) 486-2901

Email questions to our Military Support Team at: dst-military@alamo.edu 

College Veterans Affairs Offices

Northeast Lakeview College

Student Commons Welcome Center


Northwest Vista College

CCC Room 110

Palo Alto College

PC Room 111

St. Philip's College

WEC Room 205

San Antonio College

Victory Center, Room 100

Visit SAC Victory Center