Academic Dismissal Petition Process
What is the process to Petition at Northwest Vista College?
Students petitioning to return from Academic Dismissal need to complete the following:
Students must plan on attending Northwest Vista College. Petitions are only reviewed if you will be enrolling as a Northwest Vista student. Students wishing to petition at a different Alamo College must submit the petition to that institution.
Students must have an active application for the semester you are submitting a petition.
- Students must not have any holds on your record other than the Academic Dismissal hold.
- Students will need to submit a new application and complete all admissions requirements prior to submitting a packet
- Enrollment process for Returning/Transfer Students
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are under the age of 22, state law now requires you to provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination. For more
information visit www.alamo.edu/meningitis/.
Attend the Pre-Petition Information Session
- Student may view the list of available sessions and how to RSVP on the Pre-Petition Information Sessions page.
Complete the P.A.S.S. Student Orientation
Coming soon for Spring 2020 Petitioners......
Submit the Dismissal Petition Packet
- Students must turn in completed packet and reflection statement by Academic Standards Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org your Aces email is preferred as it is possible as it is possible that your packet may and in the spam folder if sent through your personal account.
- Incomplete packets will be returned for corrections, and need to resubmit once corrections have been made. Packets may take 1-2 business weeks for review depending on the high volume of packets received.
- Please check your email frequently for updates regarding petition status.
- Please review the Academic Dismissal Petition Requirements Page before you submit your packet.
- For Transfer student, please attached your official trascript when you submit your packet.
- Click here for Academic Dismissal Petition Packet
Attend the Dismissal Interview
- All other holds must be cleared before your dismissal interview can be scheduled.
- The Academic Standards Team will email you once to schedule your dismissal interview steps 1-4 have been completed.
Academic Standards Team
The Petition for Academic Dismissal Packet is now available.The deadline to complete the petitition process for the fall 2019 semester is as follows:
Priority Deadline - August 5th, 2019
Absolute last day to submit - August 12th, 2019
Students who complete all steps of the petition process by the priority deadline are guaranteed a dismissal interview.
Students who submit their packet after August 5th up to August 12th are reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis in order of process completion, and are scheduled for dismissal interviews until all SDEV0171 courses and dismissal interview sessions are filled.