Academic Dismissal Petition Process
What is the process to Petition at Northwest Vista College?
Students petitioning to return from Academic Dismissal need to complete the following:
Students must plan on attending Northwest Vista College. Petitions are only reviewed if you will be enrolling as a Northwest Vista student. Students wishing to petition at a different Alamo College must submit the petition to that institution.
Students must have an active application for the semester you are submitting a petition.
- Students must not have any holds on your record other than the Academic Dismissal hold.
- Students will need to submit a new application and complete all admissions requirements prior to submitting a packet
- Enrollment process for Returning/Transfer Students
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are under the age of 22, state law now requires you to provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination. For more
information visit www.alamo.edu/meningitis/.
Attend the Pre-Petition Information Session
- Student may view the list of available sessions and how to RSVP on the Pre-Petition Information Sessions page.
Complete the P.A.S.S. Student Orientation
Coming soon for Spring 2020 Petitioners......
Submit the Dismissal Petition Packet
- Students must turn in a completed packet and reflection statement by Academic Standards Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org your Aces email is preferred as it is possible that your packet may and in the spam folder if sent through your personal account.
- Incomplete packets will be returned for corrections, and need to resubmit once corrections have been made. Packets may take 1-2 business weeks for review depending on the high volume of packets received.
- Please check your email frequently for updates regarding petition status.
- Please review the Academic Dismissal Petition Requirements Page before you submit your packet.
- For Transfer student, please attached your official transcript when you submit your packet.
- Academic Dismissal Packet for Fall 2019 are no longer available. Please check back November 1st for packet information.
Attend the Dismissal Interview
- All other holds must be cleared before your dismissal interview can be scheduled.
- The Academic Standards Team will email you once to schedule your dismissal interview steps 1-4 have been completed.
Academic Standards Team
The deadline to complete the petition process for the fall 2019 semester has passed. Students who missed the petition deadline for fall may check back November 1st for information regarding petitioning for spring 2020.
Fall 2019 Priority Deadline
August 5th, 2019
Students who complete all steps of the petition process by the priority deadline are guaranteed a dismissal interview. If you submitted your packet and had completed all steps of the process by August 5th, the Academic Standards team is connecting with you to schedule a dismissal interview on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fall 2019 Absolute Last Day to Submit
August 12th, 2019
Students who submit their packet after August 5th up to August 12th are reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis in order of process completion, and are scheduled for dismissal interviews until all SDEV0171 courses and dismissal interview sessions are filled. Please allow up to 4 business days for a response.
The Advising Office will be closed.
Thursday. May 23rd - Advising Services will be closed from 8am-1pm
Thursday, June 20th- Advising Services will be closed from 8am-1pm
Walk-In Services are available:
Spring 2019 Hours Mondays: 8am-12pm Thursdays: 1:00pm-6:00pm
General Hours of Operation
Spring 2019 Hours Monday-Wednesday: 8:00am-5:00pm Thursday: 8:00am-7:00pm Friday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
Every 1st Saturday of every month: 9:00-1:00pm
Note: Appointments are not available the same day, they must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
The Advising Services office may be reached by phone at 210-486-4100. Please be able to provide your full name, and banner ID when requesting specific information.
The Academic Advising Services are located in Cypress Campus Center (CCC) in the first floor hallway, directly past Student Financial Services. Please visit the Advising Services Check-in Window for assistance.