NVC Students Receive Environmental Scholarships
October 9, 2023
Through Geography and Environmental Studies at NVC, nine students were awarded just over $15,300 in scholarships for the fall 2023 semester, thanks to a Microsoft Community Development grant.
These scholarship recipients have shown commitment and passion for geography and environmental studies. The Microsoft grant underscores the importance of supporting education in these fields. (Press release of NVC receiving the grant).
The scholarship recipients are:
Jackson Bearbower – Studying environmental science and plans to transfer to UTSA to become an ecologist.
- Dominic Campos – Intends to become a geologist after taking a degree from UTSA.
- Dailyn Martinez – A biology pre-major would like to transfer to UTSA.
- Janessa Medina – Plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree in agriculture economics and one day own a winery.
- Madeline Oviedo – Wants to study marine wildlife and is considering TAMU-CC.
- Laura Reeves – The lone student seeking to study geography at TAMU.
- Marisol Tejada – Plans to graduate with a degree in environmental science at UTSA.
- Bryan Vance – Looking to study geology and conduct fieldwork in environmental science.
- Alialeah Williams – Would like to be a park ranger and pursue a degree at TAMU-CC.
These students represent a diverse range of interests within geography and environmental studies. The scholarships provide financial support for their pursuit of a broad spectrum of jobs in geography, environmental studies, and environmental science.
Congratulations to these scholarship recipients, and we wish them continued success in their academic pursuits. We look forward to the contributions they will make in their fields.
Students who would like career advising in geography or environmental studies may contact Dr. Scott Walker at email@example.com.
Melissa Monroe-Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Strategic Communications
Northwest Vista College - Alamo Colleges District opened in 1995 with 12 students and is now one of the largest college institutions in San Antonio. Students pursue associate degrees and certificates, as well as transfer to four-year institutions. Located in Westover Hills, Northwest Vista College’s expanding agreements with business and higher education partnerships provide a wealth of opportunities for students and the community.