The Alamo Colleges District partners with private-sector employers to power its new Private-Sector Work-Study Program. Eligible students can work with a partnering employer with wages partially paid by Alamo Colleges through federal financial aid funds. Small businesses (as defined in 13 CFR 121) pay 25% of the students’ wages, while other businesses pay 50% of the students’ wages. Alamo Colleges pays the difference.
Partnering employers determine the position(s) offered, the number of hours worked per week (10 - 19 hours), and the hourly pay rate ($12.50 minimum). Employers commit to a student’s employment per semester and may rehire the student for subsequent semesters, or may hire a new student each semester. Employers are required to accommodate students’ academic schedules and activities.
COVID-19 Note: Students may work remotely or onsite with the proper adherence to local public health safety protocols.
Eligible partners include employers who seek part-time employees majoring in
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Advanced Manufacturing & Logistics (including Industrial Trades)
- Health & Biosciences
- Creative & Communication Arts
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Public Services
For a complete list of majors, visit PWS Majors List.
- Post position(s) in the Alamo Colleges work-study job bank
- Receive student resumes and cover letters
- Interview candidates; Make job offers
- Fund 25% or 50% of student wages (based on business size)
- Refer eligible students for employment consideration
- Conduct basic criminal background checks
- Manage all Human Resources and payroll matters
- Fund 75% or 50% of student wages through federal financial aid funds
Ready to Learn More?
Register to attend a one-hour required webinar to get details about becoming a partner.
Thursday, Feb 25, 9am - 10am
Thursday, Mar 4, 9am - 10am
Thursday, Mar 4, 3pm - 4pm
Thursday, Mar 18, 3pm - 4pm
Thursday, Mar 25, 9am - 10am
Thursday, Mar 25, 3pm - 4pm
Contact Us Today!