Students who study abroad will be exposed to new customs, values, tastes, sights, and, in most cases, new languages.
Expand your worldview and experience in a new and interesting way of life while pursuing your degree.
Faculty-Led Programs are short-term group-based programs that are directed by faculty members from the Alamo Colleges District.
Students pay regular tuition and fees in addition to a study abroad program fee which may include the application fee, airfare, lodging, entrance fees, in-country transportation, some meals, and mandatory insurance costs.
Students participating in faculty-led programs receive academic credit for the classes they complete.
Current Programs (PDF)
|Greece||Ireland & Scotland||Italy||Japan|
- 2.0 GPA minimum and earned 12 college academic credit hours before the travel date
- Determine which option fits your academic plans.
- Discuss your study abroad plans with your academic advisor.
- Discuss the required courses to ensure the courses taken abroad will provide credit towards your degree plan
- Be enrolled at Alamo Colleges District
- Be at least 18 years old before the travel dates
- Have a valid passport
We recommend that students select a program that will keep them on track with graduation and degree plan.
Students may earn six to seven academic credit hours.
Let us help you study abroad.
Costs for each program vary.
Most programs include:
- fees for the course(s)
- application fee
- in-country travel
- and some meals
Other expenses may also apply.
You may be eligible for financial aid or other study abroad scholarships.
Financial Aid – Student may use their Pell Grant and any other scholarships funds to offset their program costs.
We do recommend to apply for all the scholarships available.
We Can Help:
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. (CST)