The Alamo Global Challenge
Become a global citizen
Internationalization that is globally and locally inclusive
What is the Alamo Global Challenge?
The Alamo Global Challenge is a contest where students can win a 4-day trip to Washington, D.C., in May of 2023, providing an opportunity to increase their global awareness and embrace DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) values.
Expenses covered for winners include airfare, local transportation, accommodations, visits, and some meals.
Who can participate?
The Alamo Global Challenge is open to all currently enrolled Alamo Colleges District students.
*Please note that trip dates may interfere with Maymester and Summer I classes.
How to participate?
Submit an essay OR a video talking about an experience that helped you understand the interconnectedness of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with a global mindset.
Six winners, one winner per college (five winners), and one outstanding winner from all colleges with the best submission.
This contest is open to all currently enrolled Alamo Colleges District students over 18 years old by the time of the trip.
Submission talks about an experience that helped you understand the interconnectedness of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with a global mindset.
- Videos length must be between 2 and 4 minutes.
- Videos must be original and not have been previously submitted in other contests.
- Videos must be uploaded on YouTube.
- Essays length must be between 250-500 words.
- Essays must be original and have not been previously submitted in other contests. Accepted file formats include .doc .docx. .pdf
- Essays must be typed in 12-point font and double-spaced.