COVID-19 Message

Northwest Vista College is providing remote services to students. The buildings are currently closed, but we continue to serve you remotely throughout the college. Please contact the Advising Services office at (210) 486-4100, or chat with us virtually by clicking on the Online Advising Chat button. Please see Spring 2021 hours below under "Chat Services."

For more information about our Remote Services, click here


Transfer Services

Transfer Ready?

Planning to Transfer?

It is never to early to start transfer planning. If you are thinking about transferring, there are things you can do right now to insure a smooth transition:

  1. Research transfer colleges/universities and their requirements.
  2. Visit colleges/universities; most have campus visit days throughout the semester.
  3. Attend NVC Transfer Fair and CaTS Transfer Workshops.
  4. Meet with your academic advisor to plan your coursework for your selected transfer institution.
Transfer Advising Guides

Transfer Advising Guides

Transfer Advising Guides were created to guide students on the courses they can take before they transfer. Please see the Advising Guides by University specific to your program to gain insight on course recommendations, program requirements and guidance on when we recommend you transfer. 

Use the Transfer Advising Guides to get the most of your educational experience and plan a seamless transfer:
  1. Complete the Texas Core Curriculum....Transfer Core Complete!
  2. Complete your Associate Degree....More opportunities!
  3. Complete Courses Transferrable Toward Your Major & Degree at the Transfer Institution.


Transfer Advising Guides                                 Advising Guides by University    

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer Degree

Although it is highly recommended that you complete your associate degree, there are times that transferring prior to degree completion may be your plan. Students who transfer to a Texas public college or university prior to graduation have an opportunity to complete requirements to earn an associate degree awarded by one of the colleges in the Alamo Colleges District.

For students who transfer to most Texas universities, this is an automated system following consent on the ApplyTexas Admission Application.

Students may also request a reverse transfer degree audit at any time by submitting a university transcript and visiting the college's Enrollment Services/Admissions and Records office.