L-TALC at NVC
What is L-TALC?
The Latino Teacher Academy Learning Community (L-TALC) is a collaborative student support partnership between UTSA’s Academy for Teacher Excellence Research Center (ATE) and Northwest Vista College that provides services to help Latino teacher candidates overcome barriers that may prevent them from completing their college education.
Participants in L-TALC include:
- NVC Students
- High School Students
- UTSA Undergraduates
The L-TALC program at NVC aids students who are pursuing a degree in Education with earning their Associate’s and transferring to UTSA. We strongly encourage high school and community college students to join the program prior to starting at UTSA in order to connect with support services and programs that will ease their transition to UTSA.
Benefits of L-TALC
- Textbook lending library
- Online instructional resources on the eCommunity of Practice
- TExES study guide & preparation workshops
Professional Development & Training:
- Student Success Transition Series workshops during Fall and Spring semesters
- Summer Bridging Institute
- STEMsation conference
- Support Through College-Career Transition Session and one-on-one Mentoring
- Opportunities to Present at Academic Conferences
Commitment for Joining:
- Attend professional development workshops
- Participate on the eCommunity of Practice website