Report by Email:
Please email Garvin Dansby (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, Banner ID, ACES email address, and phone number.
Please include the following information:
Student Reporting (report whether working on-site or remotely)
- Tests positive for COVID-19
- Has had direct contact (within 6 feet for longer than 15 minutes) with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Shares a home with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Shares a home with an individual who has a confirmed exposure to COVID-19
- Exhibit onset of COVID-19 symptoms (CDC COVID-19 Symptoms)
- Immediate actions: Self-quarantine, submit COMPLETE COVID-19 Incident Report, and notify instructor(s) of status
Northwest Vista College strives to provide an environment conducive to learning through listening, interacting, and building relationships with students. The Student Toolbox is NVC’s effort to capture students’ expectations and concerns. Please use the tools below to provide a written report of your experience.
A complaint is a written concern or dissatisfaction with a service or process that requires clarification, investigation, and resolution.
An academic grievance is used when there is clear and convincing evidence that a college official has treated a student in a way that is unfair, inequitable, discriminatory or a hindrance to the student’s educational process.
A non-academic grievance is used when there is clear and convincing evidence that a college official has treated a student unfairly through forms of discrimination, abuse, and/or harassment.
*Grievances alleging sexual harassment must follow the appropriate procedure.
A sexual misconduct report is used when there is evidence of gender-based discrimination, including sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, sexual exploitation, dating violence, rape, bullying, sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking.
Use the link above to report concerning behaviors of students that are not necessarily disciplinary (this is for non-emergency reporting). When in doubt, please report these behaviors.
Assistance for Students
Please use the form linked below for students who may need assistance outside of the classroom such as emergency aid, mental health support, case management, etc.
Dean of Student Success