Tuition Assistance for Military
DoD Tuition Assistance & MyCAA Funded Students
Please see our main page for information on our DoD funded tuition rates. Students in courses with special program tuition should contact our representatives for assistance with special course tuition rates.
Students should always consult their service education office before engaging in any voluntary education endeavor. It's the students' responsibility to know the Tuition Assistance (TA) process and policy for their branch of service and to ensure tuition balances are paid by the payment deadline. Contact your Education Office or our Alamo Colleges Installation Representatives if you have questions.
|Tuition assistance must be requested no earlier than 45 days prior to semester start date and no later than 7 days prior to the semester start date. Active Duty Air Force members should apply for TA through their Air Force Portal account at the Air Force Virtual Education Center site. Questions should be directed to your Air Force Education Office.|
|Tuition assistance must be requested no earlier than 60 days prior to semester start date and approved no later than 10 days prior to the semester start date. Active Duty Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserves should apply for TA through their GoArmyEd account. Questions should be directed to your Army Education Office
Create a GoArmyEd account
Army TA Overview
Please direct Tuition Assistance questions to your unit education liaison or your service Education Office.
Navy: Download the free voluntary education Navy College Program App from the Google Play or iTunes online stores by searching "Navy College Program".
Paying with Tuition Assistance (TA)
Registration periods have corresponding payment deadlines. TA must be submitted to the college (once approved and signed) for processing by the payment deadline associated with the date of registration. TA funding documents are not processed on the weekends (or holidays) unless the campus Business Office is scheduled to be open for business, in which case you may submit your TA in person for processing. Students who fail to turn in their approved TA forms and pay outstanding balances will be dropped for non-payment.
- Register for courses
- Request TA
- Know your payment deadline
- Request payment extension if necessary
- Submit approved TA to college for processing before payment deadline
- Pay all other balance not covered by TA through your ACES account
Submit your TA payments by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the months of June and July, the colleges operate on a 4 day work-week, closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. TA and MyCAA documents must be turned in no later than 1500 on the Thursday before payment deadlines in order to be processed. Students may opt at any time to enroll themselves in a payment plan online through their student account to secure their courses.
Payment Extension Request for Pending TA
If your payment deadline is prior to funding approval, you may request a payment extension. A payment extension may be granted for those eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA) or MyCAA funding. Please refer to our Payment Extension Request form.
Military TA & MyCAA Tuition Rates
Texas residents & those assigned to duty in Texas; $99 per credit hour
Those assigned to duty outside of Texas; $215 per credit hour
Questions regarding special tuition charges may be directed to email@example.com
Students must be paid in full, enrolled in a payment plan or have an approved payment extension* by the payment deadline to avoid being dropped from all courses.
- Payment DEADLINES
- Three main semesters per year; Fall, Spring, Summer
- Some semesters include additional parts of term which begin later, such as Start II, Flex II, etc.
- During a payment deadline, payment is due for all courses in the entire semester, regardless of when they begin
Payment by TA or MyCAA
- Students with approved TA or MyCAA funding must submit documentsfor processing
- Approved TA/MyCAA forms may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the college Bursar/Business Office
- All information on TA/MyCAA documents must be correct
- Forms with incorrect information will not be accepted
- PAYMENT EXTENSIONS for students with pending TA or MyCAA funding*
- Occasionally payment deadlines occur before you are eligible to request TA/MyCAA or before your funds are approved
- Payment extensions may be granted until the last payment deadline before semester start
- Payment Extension Request*
Payment extensions are not processed on holidays or weekends
Students may opt for a traditional installment plan option to secure their courses through their student account
- Students are responsible for paying all charges not covered by TA or MyCAA by the payment deadline
- Payments by credit, debit or check are made through your student account
- Cash payments are made in person at the college Bursar/Business Office
- Students are responsible for ensuring financial aid (if awarded) is applie
- Payment DEADLINES
Students using TA/MyCAA funding should always check with their military/MyCAA education counselor before making any schedule changes. Students are responsible for understanding implications of schedule changes, to include adds, drops and withdrawals and their effect on student accounts. Students are responsible for all charges incurred, including those not covered by TA/MyCAA and/or resulting from the return of unearned TA/MyCAA funds.
Questions regarding schedule changes and TA/MyCAA billing should be discussed with the individual's service or MyCAA before changes are made.
Alamo Colleges Installation Offices
Fort Sam Houston
Building 2268, Room 207
Email Fort Sam Houston Representatives
Lackland Air Force Base
Building 5725, Room 144
Email Lackland AFB Representatives
Randolph Air Force Base
Building 210, Room 10
Email Randolph AFB Representatives
Email questions to our Military Support Team at: email@example.com
Northeast Lakeview College
Student Commons Welcome Center
Northwest Vista College
CCC Room 110
Palo Alto College
PC Room 111
St. Philip's College
WEC Room 205
San Antonio College
MLC Room 171