Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP)
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP) is designed to offer individuals who currently hold a bachelor's degree an alternative route to obtaining teacher certification. ACEPP is approved by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) and is Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster: https://tea4avcastro.tea.state.tx.us/ELQ/educatorprepdatadashboard/Dashboards.html. The program consists of 156 hours of content course work, 81 hours of Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility course work, 50 hours of classroom observation, and either a one-year internship or a 16-week Clinical Teaching experience.
Please join us for one of our upcoming Information Sessions via Zoom:
|December 13, 2022||4pm-5:30pm||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/92628344819|
|Jan 10, 2023||4pm-5:30pm||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/92628344819|
|Feb 14, 2023||4pm-5:30pm||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/92628344819|
|March 14, 2023||4pm-5:30pm||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/92628344819|
|April 11, 2023||4pm-5:30pm||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/92628344819|
- Core Subjects EC-6
- Core Subjects 4-8
- Bilingual Education and/or ESL Supplemental
- Special Education EC-12 or Supplemental
- Mathematics 4-8, 7-12
- Science 4-8, 7-12
- PPR Trade & Industrial Education 6-12
- Health Science 6-12
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with Bilingual Education (EC-6)
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with ESL (4-8)
- Dual Certification in Bilingual Education (EC-6) with ESL (4-8)
The following admissions and administrative procedures must be completed to be considered as a candidate for the program:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 3.00
- An interview with the Educator Preparation Program Manager.
- An official score from TOEFL English Proficiency exam, if your native language is not English. Score of 24 on Speaking, 22 on Listening, 22 on Reading, and 21 on Writing.
- A completed application for admission into the Educator Preparation Program
- Official Transcripts From All Colleges and Universities Attended
- Content certification exam results
Remember to apply early for tuition assistance such as continuing education loans and career loans at the financial institution of your choice. Some may be eligible for DOD SkillBridge or Troops to Teachers.
After the application process is completed, the candidate will be notified by e-mail on the decision for admission into the program.
ALL paperwork and payments must be received by:
- November 11, 2022 for the Science class that will begin on Monday, Nov. 14, 2022
- December 2, 2022 for the Fine Arts class that will begin on Monday, Dec. 5, 2022
- December 12, 2022 for the ELAR class; START DATE: Tuesday, December 13, 2022
- January 13, 2023 for the Supplemental class that will begin on Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- February 20, 2023 for the Mathematics class; START DATE: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- March 20, 2023 for the Social Studies class; START DATE: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- March 24, 2023 for the Principles of Teaching class; START DATE: Monday, March 27, 2023
The deadline for accepting candidates is March 1, 2023 to assure adequate time for admission, coursework, training, and field-based experience requirements prior to clinical teaching or internship experience for the 2023-2024 school year.
The application is under the Educator Preparation Program Packet blue tab.
We review Statements of Qualifications (SOQ's) for $225
ACEPP is a non-credit/non-reimbursable program and does not qualify for FAFSA or issue 1098-T forms.
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program is on the Workforce Solutions Alamo Targeted & Demand Occupations list, please contact them for assistance: www.workforcesolutionsalamo.org
List of Targeted & Demand Occupations
The cost of the program is approximately $6739 for EC-6 & 4-8 & $6744 for HS. In regards to tuition, the program is divided into six required strands:
- Content course (156 clock hours)
- Principles of Teaching EC-12 (81 clock hours)
- Digital Literacy (56 clock hours)
- A one-year internship as a teacher of record in an accredited school -or-
- 16 weeks without pay clinical teaching in an accredited school.
- 50 hrs. of field-based experience, log, and reflection.
- 32 hrs. of professional development.
|TExES Exams (2 or 3)||$116 each|
|BTLPT (Bilingual only)||$116|
|Standard Teacher Certificate||$78|
Clinical Teaching/Mentor fee for internship
Alamo Colleges District (Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program) has been approved for its candidacy status for QM's Online Program Design and Online Teaching Support and is committed to implementing a quality assurance process at the institutional (or programmatic) level and undergoing the Program Review process at the end of the maximum 3-year candidacy period (from 01/27/2022 to 01/27/25). The Quality Matters Program Certification process ensures that online programs and courses promote learner engagement and provide students with all the tools and resources they need to be successful learners. More information regarding Quality Matters may be found at https://www.qualitymatters.org
|Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program
2222 N. Alamo