Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP)
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP) is designed to offer individuals who currently hold a bachelor's degree an alternative route to obtaining teacher certification. ACEPP is approved by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) and is Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster: https://tea4avcastro.tea.state.tx.us/ELQ/educatorprepdatadashboard/Dashboards.html. The program consists of 156 hours of content course work, 81 hours of Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility course work, 50 hours of classroom observation, and either a one-year internship or a 16-week Clinical Teaching experience.
Please join us for one of our upcoming Information Sessions at:
- Core Subjects EC-6
- Core Subjects 4-8
- Bilingual Education and/or ESL Supplemental
- Special Education EC-12 or Supplemental
- Mathematics 4-8, 7-12
- Science 4-8, 7-12
- PPR Trade & Industrial Education 6-12
- Health Science 6-12
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with Bilingual Education (EC-6)
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with ESL (4-8)
- Dual Certification in Bilingual Education (EC-6) with ESL (4-8)
The following admissions and administrative procedures must be completed to be considered as a candidate for the program:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 3.00
- An interview with the Educator Preparation Program Manager.
- An official score from TOEFL English Proficiency exam, if your native language is not English. Score of 24 on Speaking, 22 on Listening, 22 on Reading, and 21 on Writing.
- A completed application for admission into the Educator Preparation Program
- Official Transcripts From All Colleges and Universities Attended
- Content certification exam results
Remember to apply early for tuition assistance such as continuing education loans and career loans at the financial institution of your choice. Some may be eligible for DOD SkillBridge or Troops to Teachers.
After the application process is completed, the candidate will be notified by e-mail on the decision for admission into the program.
ALL paperwork and payments must be received by:
- February 14, 2022 for the ELAR class that will begin on Tuesday, February 15, 2022
- March 25, 2022 for the PPR class that will begin on Monday, March 28, 2022
- March 25, 2022 for the Mathematics class that will begin on Tuesday, March 29, 2022
- April 18, 2022 for the Social Studies class that will begin on Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- May 2, 2022 for the Science class that will begin on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- May 16, 2022 for the Fine Arts class that will begin on Tuesday, May 17, 2022
The deadline for accepting candidates is March 1, 2022 to assure adequate time for admission, coursework, training, and field-based experience requirements prior to clinical teaching or internship experience for the 2022-2023 school year.
The application is under the Educator Preparation Program Packet blue tab.
We review Statements of Qualifications (SOQ's) for $225
ACEPP is a non-credit/non-reimbursable program and does not qualify for FAFSA or issue 1089-T forms.
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program is on the Workforce Solutions Alamo Targeted & Demand Occupations list, please contact them for assistance: www.workforcesolutionsalamo.org
List of Targeted & Demand Occupations
The cost of the program is approximately $6478 for EC-6 & 4-8 & $6483 for HS. In regards to tuition, the program is divided into six required strands:
- Content course requirement (156 hours)
- PPR (Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities) (81 contact hours)
- A one-year internship as a teacher of record in an accredited school -or- 16 weeks without pay clinical teaching in an accredited school.
- 50 hrs. of field-based experience, log, and reflection.
- 32 hrs. of professional development.
|TExES Exams (2 or 3)||$116 each|
|BTLPT (Bilingual only)||$116|
|Standard Teacher Certificate||$78|
Clinical Teaching/Mentor fee for internship
|Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program
2222 N. Alamo