Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP)
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program (ACEPP) is designed to offer individuals who currently hold a bachelor's degree an alternative route to obtaining teacher certification. ACEPP is approved by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) and meets “Every Student Succeeds Act” (ESSA) requirements. The program consists of 156 hours of content course work, 81 hours of Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility course work, 50 hours of classroom observation and either a one-year internship or a 14-week Clinical Teaching experience.
Please join us for one of our upcoming Information Sessions at:
July 8, 2021 9AM-10:30AM https://alamo.zoom.us/j/97645293647
August 12, 2021 9AM-10:30AM https://alamo.zoom.us/j/97645293647
September 9, 2021 9AM-10:30AM https://alamo.zoom.us/j/97645293647
October 14, 2021 9AM-10:30AM https://alamo.zoom.us/j/97645293647
November 11, 202 9AM-10:30AM https://alamo.zoom.us/j/97645293647
December 9, 2021 9AM-10:30AM https://alamo.zoom.us/j/97645293647
- Core Subjects EC-6
- Core Subjects 4-8
- Bilingual Education and/or ESL Supplemental
- Special Education EC-12 or Supplemental
- Mathematics 4-8, 7-12
- Science 4-8, 7-12
- PPR Trade & Industrial Education 6-12
- Health Science 6-12
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with Bilingual Education (EC-6)
- Dual Certification in Special Education (EC-12) with ESL (4-8)
- Dual Certification in Bilingual Education (EC-6) with ESL (4-8)
The following admissions and administrative procedures must be completed to be considered as a candidate for the program:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 3.00
- An interview with the Educator Preparation Program Manager.
- An official score from TOEFL English Proficiency exam, if your native language is not English. Score of 24 on Speaking, 22 on Listening, 22 on Reading, and 21 on Writing.
- A completed application for admission into the Educator Preparation Program
- Official Transcripts From All Colleges and Universities Attended
- Content certification exam results
Remember to apply early for tuition assistance such as continuing education loans and career loans at the financial institution of your choice. Some may be eligible for Troops to Teachers or GI Bill Benefits.
After the application process is completed, the candidate will be notified by e-mail on the decision for admission into the program.
ALL paperwork and payments must be received by:
- July 9, 2021 for the Bilingual/ESL/Sp. Ed. Content class that will begin on Monday, July 12, 2021
- September 3, 2021 for the ELAR Content class that will begin on Monday, September 6, 2021
- October 8, 2021 for the Mathematics class that will begin on Monday, October 11, 2021
- October 11, 2021 for the PPR class that will begin on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- October 29, 2021 for the Social Studies Content class that will begin on Monday, November 1, 2021
- November 12, 2021 for the Science Content class that will begin on Monday, November 15, 2021
- December 3, 2021 for the Fine Arts Content class that will begin on Monday, December 6, 2021
The deadline for accepting candidates is March 1, 2022 to assure adequate time for admission, coursework, training, and field-based experience requirements prior to clinical teaching or internship experience for the 2022-2023 school year.
The application is under the Educator Preparation Program Packet blue tab.
We review Statements of Qualifications (SOQ's) for $225
ACEPP is a non-credit/non-reimbursable program and does not qualify for FAFSA or issue 1089-T forms.
The Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program is on the Workforce Solutions Alamo Targeted & Demand Occupations list, please contact them for assistance: www.workforcesolutionsalamo.org
List of Targeted & Demand Occupations
The cost of the program is approximately $5581 for EC-6 & 4-8 & $5583 for HS. In regards to tuition, the program is divided into six required strands:
- Content course requirement (156 hours)
- PPR (Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities) (81 contact hours)
- A one-year internship as a teacher of record in an accredited school -or- 14 weeks without pay clinical teaching in an accredited school.
- 50 hrs. of field-based experience, log, and reflection.
- 32 hrs. of professional development.
Tuition for Program:
|Clinical Teaching & Internship||$1292|
|Total||$5581 for EC-6 & 4-8 & $5583 for HS|
|TExES Exams (2 or 3)||$116 each|
|BTLPT (Bilingual only)||$116|
|Standard Teacher Certificate||$78|
Clinical Teaching/Mentor fee for internship
|Alamo Colleges Educator Preparation Program
2222 N. Alamo