disABILITY Support Services
...where the focus is on your ABILITY!
Our mission for disABILITY Support Services at SAC is to provide reasonable accommodations and facilitate access for on-campus and distance education students to have an equal opportunity to participate in and enjoy the benefits of higher education.
- Please call (210) 486-0020 to set up an intake appointment or visit dSS during walk-in times (please note walk-ins are limited to 15 minutes and a follow-up appointment will be made to complete intake process)
- Complete and submit “Initial Request for Disability Services” form found in the “dSS Forms” link at the bottom of this webpage to include disability and specific accommodations requested.
- At your appointment, please bring official documentation regarding the disability for which accommodations are being requested. If you do not have documentation, please have your health care provider complete and sign the “Certifying Professional Questionnaire” located in the “dSS Forms” link at the bottom of this webpage.
- If you would like to send your documentation prior to your appointment, please email them to: sac-dSSstudent@alamo.edu
- When your documentation is received, you will receive a confirmation email within seven business days.
- Once your appointment takes place with a dSS advisor, documentation is reviewed, and accommodations are discussed, official letters of accommodation are emailed to your professors.
Please call (210) 486-0020 or email sac-dSSstudent@alamo.edu to schedule an in-person, phone, or Zoom advising appointment or you are welcomed to sign up during walk-in times to visit dSS during walk-in times listed at the bottom this page.
- Prior to your appointment, please send the following documents to: sac-dSSstudent@alamo.edu or present all documents in person to dSS located on the first floor of the Moody Learning Center:
Official documentation regarding the disability for which accommodations are being requested. If you do not have documentation, please have your health care provider complete and sign the “Certifying Professional Questionnaire” located in the “dSS Forms” link at the bottom of this webpage.
Copy of your class schedule
Test Policies & Procedures form (if testing is a requested
- Audio Recording Agreement (if audio recording is a requested accommodation)
- After your appointment and once all documents are received, due to high volume in August, it may take up to seven business days to email letters of accommodation to professors.
- Using the "dSS forms" link found at the bottom of this page, please complete the "Renewal Request for Disability Services" form.
- Please send the renewal form along with a copy of your class schedule to: sac-dSSstudent@alamo.edu or present the paperwork in person to dSS located on the first floor of the Moody Learning Center
- After your appointment and once all documents are received, it may take up to seven business days to email letters of accommodation to professors.
- Students receive copies of their letters of accommodation via their ACES email account.
If you are taking classes at multiple Alamo Colleges, you will need to sign up for services with each of the disABILITY Support Services departments for which you are taking classes. Medical documentation can be electronically transferred between Alamo Colleges by completing an “Authorization to Release Confidential Records” form located in the “forms” section of our webpage. The letters of accommodation will be sent by each Alamo College you are attending.
Accommodations are not retroactive. Accommodations begin the day the letter is sent to professors with the exception of testing. Professors should have at least 24 hours’ notice to prepare for making arrangements for accommodated testing.
Dual Credit Students
For classes taken on high school campuses, accommodations will be made by the high school counselor.
For online, dual credit classes taught by Alamo College faculty, accommodations can be provided via the respective Alamo College.
Early College Students
For classes taken on an Alamo College campus, students can request accommodations by completing and submitting the “How to request dSS services” in order to receive accommodations.
Moody Learning Center, Room 1st Floor
1819 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78212
Jennifer Alvizo, M.A., Director
Certified Advisor (part-time)
dSS Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday = 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday = 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
First Saturday of the month = 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Advising appointments are available during our hours of operation.
Sign in for walk-ins on Mondays from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Please note: Our goal is to meet with each student that signs in. Therefore, walk-ins are limited to 30 minutes and a follow up appointment may be scheduled. Walk-ins days and times are also subject to change.
Monday - Thursday
8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
disABILITY Support Services Advisory Council
San Antonio College and community professionals collaborating to enhance the lives of students with disabilities by providing professional, personal, and social opportunities to promote empowerment and facilitate experiential learning and graduation.
At H-E-B, People Matter! Our goal is to continue growing our workforce with diversity and inclusion in mind. We know the more diverse minds we have working on the H-E-B mission, the better outcome we will have for our customers and our community. The H-E-B Bridges Program is a hiring initiative to connect talented people with disabilities to opportunities at H-E-B. We encourage self-disclosure of all abilities! Individuals who identify as having a disability are encouraged to apply at H-E-B. We have a variety of career opportunities in our stores, corporate offices, our digital technology space, and in the field of manufacturing/warehousing/transportation. Please visit: https://careers.heb.com/ to see our current openings. During the application process, to request accommodations related to a disability, please email the H-E-B Bridges Team at Bridges@heb.com with your accommodation request and the position you are applying for.