Greater Kerrville Center
The Greater Kerrville Center is located in the former, historic Tivy Education Center at 1012 Barnett Street in Kerrville. The 19,000-square-foot facility encompasses 11 state-of-the-art, multimedia classrooms, including two wet labs for science classes and a nursing simulation lab. Two classrooms also have video-conferencing capabilities to expand program offerings and to make meetings more accessible. The facility was funded by a capital campaign that raised $2.2 million. The Griffin Foundation also contributed the first $250,000 to the capital campaign.
The center, which was originally housed at Hal Peterson Middle School, was made possible through a partnership between The Alamo Colleges and the Kerrville Independent School District, supported by the Kerrville area community. The center, the only non-private higher educational facility in the area, began offering classes in fall 2008. The center provides access for Kerrville area residents to associate degree courses, plus tuition-free, dual credit courses for high school students and workforce training to help workers attain the education and skills needed to meet to the workforce needs of the area.
Since its inception, the Kerrville center has had 11,316 enrollments. The Alamo Colleges District - San Antonio College Licensed Vocational Nursing to Associate Degree Nursing program is housed at the Kerrville center, which also offers academic courses for transfer as well as technical programs in certified nursing assistant, child development associate, and welding.
Hours of Operation:
|Shawna Fahrenthold – Off-site Coordinator
Rachel Pate – Advisor
View Greater Kerrville Center in a larger map